A new update to Jungle Ide is available

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/A new update to Jungle Ide is available

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
(Continued from here )

For newcomers, Jungle Ide is an advanced IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for the Monkey programing language, for Windows. More info here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=4

It provides lots of productivity improvements over current official IDE (Ted) Including (but not limited to):

-Intellisense
-Complex project management system
-Project-wide search and replace
-Lexed source code highlighting
-Auto-completion
-Folding
-Documentation generator for source code
-Background compiler that inform on errors as you code
-Debugging for C++ based targets (stdcpp and glfw)

For more information take a look to the official Jungle Ide website: http://www.jungleide.com/ or get the demo here.

You can see a features comparison between Ted and Jungle Ide here: http://www.jungleide.com/?p=732

And you can directly download the Jungle Ide demo here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=382

-----

Details on this new version:
This new version includes what I think is a very interesting addition that can help you concentrate on what's important when you're coding. This new version allows you to "maximize" your coding window in a way that the coding area gets the whole screen. This new feature works in a very easy way. Just press Ctrl+U when coding to toggle the current editor window to fullscreen on/off.
I've been using it for weeks and I love it as it helps a lot in focussing what you're actually doing.

I've also implemented some improvements on the internal Jungle Ide skining system so a new dark color rendering is available due popular demand, for people using dark color schemes on the editor window. This new dark Gui rendering can be enabled on the general preferences dialog.

There have also been several fixes and performance improvements and this version contains some small stability fixes that are highly recommended.

Another important change is the default Build mode for solutions. In previous versions, when a user pressed F5, all projects on the solution where built in parallel. That's a good thing to get a bunch of samples of a module built at once, but it is not the usual users configuration and it seems it was causing more confusion that usability gains so I've added a new default build mode for solutions. This new default build mode will make Jungle Ide build ONLY main project on the solution when F5 is pressed. Obviously this new behavior can be modified on the preferences dialog to leave it as it was on previous Jungle Ide versions.

This is a more detailed changelog:

Jungle Ide 12.10.01-A

•Added a new feature to the docking system that allows code windows to be “maximized”. Press Ctrl+U on a code window to toggle maximized on/off. It also works by double-clicking on the document tab and on the maximized window tittle-bar.

•Implemented a Jungle Gui color variation that is meant to playh nicer with dark text rendering preferences. It can be set on Jungle Ide preferences.

•Media files on solutions will now be open on windows when double clicked. Double click on a jpg file on the solution explorer to open it on the default windows media browser.

•Several fixes on Jungle Ide connections handling.

•Improved the internal automatic crash report system so crash reports are a bit more verbose and better classified.

•Build mode on solution can be configured to Build and Run all projects, or build and run main project only (currently default). I've modified this as this seems to be the most usual configuration

•Fixed an issue that could cause a blocking file access to the internal Monkey data base at Jungle Ide start up.

•Fixed an issue that could make the Background compiler stay alive when there was nothing new to compile.

•Fixed a small GDI+ memory leak on the internal Jungle Tree View component.

•Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Null” keyword to be case corrected by the Text Formatter.

•Fixed default “untitled” file names of temporary monkey documents, so they now conform the lower-case standard for monkey modules.

•Moving the caret when the parameter hint pop-up was shown was not refreshing the selected parameter highlighting if source code was not modified. This has been improved.

•Improved the context-based help provider for Monkey v65 and above. It can now work for language keywords, functions, classes and classes methods, etc.

VERSION B:
•Fixed a bug that was preventing the Find Next operation to work properly on previous version

•Added a kbps meter on the downloads window

EDIT: A version "B" has just been released to prevent a small bug on the find and replace dialog.

TheRedFox(Posted 2012) [#2]
Wonderbar! My eyes thank you already.

As far as I am concerned, there would be a superb addition when it comes to accessibility:

Have an option to turn all fonts for all editors into *bold*.
I have got surgery in both eyes and can tell you that this would do an awesome difference.

Dark background, maximizing window and *bold* font (At this time it is also hard to get all filetypes using the same dark style, it requires me to go to each file type).

Now, update time! Thanks a ton Ziggy.

BigAnd(Posted 2012) [#3]
Cheers Ziggy. Always appreciate the updates.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
Just released a "B" build with a small fix on the find and replace dialog. So if you get the "A" version, please update again (sorry, it's a minor thing)

Volker(Posted 2012) [#5]
I already love the "maximized" code window. Great.

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#6]
A functional "Find next" is NOT a minor thing, ziggy! :-D

Thanks for the quick fix!

Back to coding...

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#7]
A functional "Find next" is NOT a minor thing, ziggy! :-D
I meant i was caused by a minor thing (just a flag not being set when required). I understand how important was to get the fix, that's why I have released ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience. anyway, I think everything should be working properly now.

TheRedFox(Posted 2012) [#8]
Annoying thing:

#rem adds an #END (capital letters)

Full screen is cool. Would it be possible to have it scroll through the opened tabs with Ctrl-Tab and Shift-Ctrl-Tab? I am Ctrl-U ing in and out between files a lot. Or a Ctrl-something to open a list of open buffers?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#9]
@TheRedFox: You can Ctrl+Tab on docked documents, not sure how to implement it on maximized doc. I'll take a look.
As far as I know, compier directives are always uppercase on Monkey. That's why I'm completing #REM with #END. I'll add an option to llow customization of this on the monkey preferences dialog (as current Wend, EndIf, etc...)

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#10]
You seriously need to rewrite this entirely in a cross platform language for us OSX users :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#11]
You seriously need to rewrite this entirely in a cross platform language for us OSX users :)
I wish it was this easy. Haven't found a viable solution to implement this on MacOsX yet.

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#12]
Thanks for the update ziggy!

On MacOS Jungle runs fine if you have parallells or similar services - works great but it is up to the user to fix it (installing it is really simple). Just wanted to mention it because myself I did not know about this til a few weeks back!

Blitzbat(Posted 2012) [#13]
Hi ziggy,

copy and paste does not work in this version.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#14]
Blitzbat: It's working perfectly here. Any steps to replicate it? I can cut and paste and copy and paste properly anywhere. Be sure to be using latest version, but It should work.
Can you provide exact step-by-step way to replicate a non working copy and paste operation? I've tested it both using the keyboard shortcuts and the menus, and it works as expected in all situations I've tested.
Anyone else?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#15]
Update: Jungle Lite (and demo version) have been updated to latest version too. If you're using Jungle Lite, update as usual.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#16]
I'm adding a new small feature that I think can be very handy.
It's an automatic graphics preview area on the solution explorer, that ONLY shows whenever an image file is selected on the solutions explorer tree.
This graphics preview window is useful not only to see what image is each file, but also includes some additional functionality. As instance, it allows you to zoom in / out the image and make a selection inside it to get the "texture coordinates and size" od the selection. It also alows you to extract color information on the image, and it makes it easy to measure its items.
Also, doubleclicking the small media preview area, you get a full graphics preview window.

This is a small screenshot of what we're going to get on next Jungle Ide iteration:

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#17]
Offcourse pretty handy ! :)

ordigdug(Posted 2012) [#18]
Jungle Ide looks great and alot of people praise it....that said.... I wish it was available as a native app on OSX.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#19]
Looks nice, Ziggy., What is that color scheme? I like it!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#20]
Why0why: It's the Obsidian color scheme, with the dark GUI option enabled (on the preferences).

Here there's another screenshot of this new tool. This time it shows how to use it to locate a given tile into a "texture" image file:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#21]
I'm sure this is something you've come up with from your own usage and that others will find it useful. I do get the urge to try and steer you back to the core code-wrangling functionality though. Things like forward-back navigation history, find method/function/field references and auto-insertion of interface/abstract method skeletons are gaps that are felt much more for me and, judging by their existence as feature requests for quite a while, I'm not alone.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#22]
@muddy_shoes: Yes, I've done this tool for my own usage and I find it quite useful. Anyway, thanks for your comment. I'm not leaving the code-wrangling functionality development. In fact, I'm implementing forward-back navigation, but I'm not sure it'll be on the next release in a week. I'm alpha-testing it and it's not very stable right now, so I may leave it out for the very next iteration. But hopefully it'll be enabled very soon.
Then, method/function/field references will have to wait a bit more, as I need to have a more complete refactoring into the Monkey parser, and there is a lot to do into improving generics refactoring. All this can get quite complex, I'm walking step-by-step. The lexed text renderer was one of the first ones I wanted to implement, and it is there. Then it came the syntax formatter, and next thing to come will be IDE navigation history. Then, I have the idea to rewrite all the internal implementation of generics support into the parser, and when this is done, I supose I could start designing some refactoring tools such as items renaming and the like, but this will be a very final step of a whole process as I want it to be as reliable as possible.

MonkeyPig(Posted 2012) [#23]
"...I'm implementing forward-back navigation..." - at last. Being able to go fwd/back through editor navigation history is - for me - the main thing I really find impacts (in a bad way) my productivity with JungleIDE.

Graphics preview looks nice. And, I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

Thanks for the steady stream of updates - btw.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#24]
By the way, I'm cosiderng wich "actions" should be considered a "jump" into the navigation history.

I'm adding:

• Jump to definition
• Manual document change (tab selection)
• Local shortcuts tree click
• Opening a document from the solution explorer
• A Find/Find Next operation
• New document (as it gets focussed, it is a jump operation)
• Document load operation

Then what I'm not very sure:

• Page Up/Down
• Caret position change on a mouse click in the same document

Then: If the history contains references to a file that has been closed, should the IDE reload it, or just remove this part of the navigation history?

I would like to get some users opinions regarding this before providing a final implementation.

MonkeyPig(Posted 2012) [#25]
I'd favor keeping it simple - at least as a first pass.

I think of Navigation history as being something I want to use to get back quickly to where I was editing - prior to a jump to definition.

When I jump to a definition - I don't always know exactly where I'm going to go and workflow is disrupted as I try and get back to where I started. This is especially true if some of the definitions I follow jump me around in the file I started in.

The other stuff is mostly icing on the cake.

One note with respect to Find (Generate list) - how about making it so the first item on the list is just a "click here to go back to original location"?

Other JungleIDE users may feel differently...

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#26]
Thanks MonkeyPig. I've got it almost working. Not for next release as I want to have it properly tested before, but I think keeping it as simple as possible is the way to go.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#27]
@ziggy
I often put properties all on one line for brevity, like so:

[monkeycode]Method Health:Int() Property Return health End[/monkeycode]
When I hit enter at the end of the line, it automatically adds another End and indents. Could you change it to check for that End that I typed? It's annoying to have to keep deleting the autogenerated one.

Also it's not smart enough to detect if the line starts with Public/Private. It won't generate the block for me.

Example:
[monkeycode]Public Method Foo:Void()[/monkeycode]

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#28]
Samah: I'll add a "end" check for Method and Function autocompletion on next update.
That said, this code:
[monkeycode]Method Health:Int() Property Return health End[/monkeycode]
Shoould be written this way to conform Monkey specifications:
[monkeycode]Method Health:Int() Property; Return health; End[/monkeycode]
The fact that you can avoid the ; sometimes is a side effect of the Monkey lexer design but it is not officially supported AFAIK and it does not work always, and could change in the future.

That said, this should be written:

[monkeycode]Public; Method Foo:Void()[/monkeycode]
As Public is not a method identifier modifier but a separate sentence that makes all following declarations public. That said, Jungle Ide does onlt auto-complete functions, methods and the like when they're the first sentence on a line. This can be improved in the future.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#29]
I suspect this might be considered a Monkey bug, but the line
[monkeycode]Public; Method Foo:Void()[/monkeycode]
will not compile.

On the other hand, this will
[monkeycode]Public Method Foo:Void()[/monkeycode]

Edit:
Actually, in general, a semi-colon cannot be placed after private or public.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#30]
A semicolon is producing a compilation error anywhere inside the declarations area of a class. I think it is a trasn parsing bug. I've placed a bug report

Samah(Posted 2012) [#31]
On the other hand, if I could just do something like this...

[monkeycode]Property health:Int Get Set[/monkeycode]

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#32]
This IDE is awesome :)

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#33]
Have i missed a thread somewhere? Jungle gives me an unable to determine monkey targets every time i try to use it on windows 8.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#34]
Smilertoo: Go to preferences and ensure monkey location is properly set.

Rus(Posted 2012) [#35]
Hiya Ziggy! Jungle is awesome as always!
However, I've noticed recently that right-clicking on a tab for one of several open documents and choosing "Close all but this" doesn't do what it used to. It just closes the currently active document, effectively acting like a close.
It would be great if that worked like before!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#36]
Yes, that's a known bug that has already been solved for the next update that should come later today

Rus(Posted 2012) [#37]
Thanks Ziggy! Looking forward to it!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#38]
The update has just been released. Update as isual.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#39]
Hello,

I think Jingle IDE is a very good IDE to code with. I tested the demo and I find it very useful.

However, I think the price is too high. 65 € (minus the VAT) or 86 € (VAT include), is very expensive for me. Monkey is just 15 € more that Jungle IDE (with VAT).

Yes I bought Monkey, but this was a long time period for me to "stock" the money to be able to buy it. Give almost the same price (minus 15) for an improved IDE is for me a lot.

It's a pity, I love this program. I understand that all work must be paid, but I think it's a bit high in my opinion. I know this is a lifetime licence, but this is my opinion ;)

I'll have to learn to do without :(

However, it's a good work

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#40]
@DarkCrystal: I understand what you say. I hope you'll rethink and purchase it in the future as I'm sure you'll enjoy how It provides a very nice productivity gain compared to Ted. That said, I don't know if this is your case, but you should be aware of the available cheaper student license that are available on the JungleIde.Com store.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#41]
I'm not a student :( (I'm honest).

I have registered on your website, but I can't do anything more for now.

tiresius(Posted 2012) [#42]
Yes JungleIDE is expensive (or Monkey is cheap?) and it hurt my wallet to shell out the $ to get it right on top of my recent Monkey purpose. It's a commitment: I know Monkey is it for me in the next 10 years at least and this IDE gives such a performance boost with type ahead auto-complete and all that stuff. This is especially true when learning the language and modules, which I am still doing.

If you like the look of the IDE you can still use the Lite version, but I feel in a modern language the type ahead auto-complete is a necessary feature.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#43]
The lite version has just the look...and how I said 80 € the auto complete is expensive, for me at least.

18 days lefts before JungleIDE has the same functionnality than Ted (with a better look lol).

It's not that I don't want to buy it, but for an IDE it's not in my possibility. It's not 29 or 35 € (VAT include) but + than 80 !

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#44]
18 days lefts before JungleIDE has the same functionnality than Ted
Jungle Lite is still more powerful feature-wise than TED (just a list of Jungle Lite features that AFAIK are not available on TED): Context based highlighting of source code, Out of the box backwards compatibility with older Monkey versions, Automatic update and repair modules system, Regex enabled find in files system, Integrated html documentation generator, Advanced solution management system, Sandboxed connections system, Parallel compilation, Advanced search and replace engine, C++ source code with highlighting, html source code with highlighting, C# source code with highlighting, JavaScript source code with highlighting, XML source code with highlighting, INI documents with highlighting, Automatic updating of the whole IDE, Can use an external browser to browse docs, Quick temporary monkey docs creation, Automatic mem-leak computer blocking detection, Customizable vertical kerning on the Editor window, Line number display on the editor window, Special characters can be toggled on the text renderer, Rendering of TAB guides, Bookmarks, Line changed tracking mark, Content separator to organize code, Customizable braces matching mode, Word wrapp mode, Hability to convert TAB to Spaces as you type, Customizable TAB size, Support for virtual white spaces, Source code formatting, Data type shortcuts conversion, Class/Member combos in the editor window, Compilation error window can be enabled/disabled, Multithread text rendering engine, Jump to definition system, Comment/uncomment selection, Go to line, Monkey documentation shortcut, Calculator, Refresh Monkey available targets.

Then Jungle Ide (pro) has all this and additional intellisense, folding, background compiler, and a license that allows you to use it for comercial development.

It could be cheaper if the users base was biger. But it is still a quite niche product right now, so if you want Jungle Ide to be cheaper, we should spread the Monkey word to the world first. I've already been able to drop the price in the last year about 10€, but I can't drop it any more and grant further development viability. If we could have a very big userbase, I supose it could be completely free, but that's not (yet) current scenario

this is a current features comparation table: http://www.jungleide.com/?p=732

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#45]
You have may be right, but I can do anything else that "wait".

siread(Posted 2012) [#46]
Hey Ziggy. I'm trying to find details in your license agreement that states that we can use the 'pro' version of JungleIDE (and indeed BlidePlus) for commercial use. All I can see is where it says the 'lite' versions are not for commercial use.

Do you explicitly state that we can use the pro versions for commercial use anywhere? On the website maybe?

Kauffy(Posted 2012) [#47]
I don't know if this is the place to post it, Ziggy, but I have a small feature request/change. Maybe as an option if people don't like it-- when code is folded, I'd like to see the rest of the line where the fold is. As it is now, I get the start of the line with the ... after it, but missing the rest of the line sometimes.

For example: Class ThisGame Extends App becomes "Class ThisGame"

Or: Class Moveable 'Base class for objects that are not part of the scenery-- all inventory items and all characters/monsters, things that can move or be moved

becomes just Class Moveable.

Since the line is already being used, I would rather use the rest of the line to give me any more info.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#48]
@Siread: I don't think it is explicitly said anywhere but it is allowed. I'll state it clear on the license text for the next update.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#49]
Just to let everybody know that navigation history back/forward in the whole ide is just ready. I'm preparing some additional modifications for the next update in order to make it compatible with the latest Monkey version, but it should come in some (few) days time.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#50]
That's cool, Manel! Thanks for the heads up!

therevills(Posted 2012) [#51]
in order to make it compatible with the latest Monkey version

Is it going to be backwards compatible with older versions of Monkey?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#52]
yes! Jungle ide is still compatible with all versions and this is not going to change. It'll be an addition. I keep backwards compatibility on every release except for background compilation, wich is always based on latest stable release.

I was just playing with the analytics part of visual studio 2012, and it's curious to see that jungle ide currenly has reached 22,408 lines of source code, and 26% of them are strictly dedicated to Monkey source code internals (like analyzing providing intellisense, etc etc).

TheRedFox(Posted 2012) [#53]
Ah less than €100 for an IDE in which one does serious work is nothing, come on.

If you don't expect an investment to pay back at least two times its value, why bother? The payback could be in learning acceleration, cold cash, or support of good deeds.

We have been spoiled with free software for too long to start considering these price points expensive.

Example: PhpED, $219, renew $108 (yearly). Business sped up and headache reduction by using that one: $10K+ and priceless.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#54]
New version of Jungle Ide available

This is the changelog:
Jungle Ide 12.12.10-A
• Fixed a bug that could make Jungle Ide fail when an external XML resource had defined a non HTML-like color declaration on a highlighting scheme

• New: Implemented navigation history on the whole IDE.

• New: After a jump to definition, or a combo jump, the requested information will be presented at the center of the editor window, when possible, so it's easier to contextualize this code.

• Modified the license description to explicitly inform that Jungle Ide license is allowed for commercial development, while jungle lite (demo) is not.

• Reorganized slightly the edit menu items, so they have a more convenient layout and things are easier to find

• Rewritten the Bookmarks system internals to integrate it on the new navigation history system

• Automatic connection time-out for background compilation clusters. Background compiler will be stopped if compilation takes too much time.

• Properly differentiated Background compiler signature from regular Monkey compiler in the Jungle Ide output console window

I promised this version was going to be compatible with latest experimental monkey version but it is not (yet). I'm scheduling another update in some days time with a compatibility patch for the latest experimental Monkey version, but as it would require lots of testing, I've released this update first, as navigation history is a must, has been long requested, and I didn't want to keep this feature waiting longer.

Hope you find it useful. I'll update the free edition soon too.

MonkeyPig(Posted 2012) [#55]
@Ziggy - thanks for the navigation history.

Shagwana(Posted 2012) [#56]
Been looking at the demo and wondering if there is a way to remap F5 to something else (ie: Ctrl+R)?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#57]
Remapping of shortcuts is not possible right now (it's in the to do list)
@MonkeyPig: You're welcome! Thanks for the possitive feedback, It was cruelly missing...

Raz(Posted 2012) [#58]
Hey Ziggy,

I think the "close all but this" function when you right click a tab doesn't work properly any more (it definitely used to). All it seems to do is close the tab in question.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#59]
I think the "close all but this" function when you right click a tab doesn't work properly any more (it definitely used to). All it seems to do is close the tab in question.

@raz: This was a bug in older versions and that was fixed some "releases" ago. Be sure to be using latest version. (it should be 12.12.10-A) If it is on latest version, please provide a step by step way to make it fail, as currenlty rightclicking a tab and selecting "close all but this" is working here properly.
Anyone else?

Raz(Posted 2012) [#60]
Ahh right ok, I have Jungle set to automatically update, but will check properly when I am home.

Ta

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#61]
Thanks for getting around the navigation stuff. A few comments though:

* The keyboard shortcut is of the "Vulcan Mind Meld" variety. Could it be made more accessible? Alt+Left, Alt+Right, like Eclipse and Chrome, perhaps?

* The line positioning is not reliably centered, particularly when moving around the same document.

* The history recording itself seems to be bugged or at least odd in light of other implementations:

- The forward navigation button remains active even when a forward jump navigation has taken place within a history, therefore creating a new "head" navigation point. If you click it, it does nothing.

- Jumps to find results aren't added to the history.

- I'm seeing the back navigation sometimes jump to the first history entry, skipping intermediate entries that can then be accessed going forward. Not sure how to reproduce.

- Starting from an empty history: if I jump to a definition, then jump back (so returning to the root of the history) then scroll down that file and jump to another definition, when I jump back another navigation state has been inserted at the point where I made the first jump. You can keep adding these navigation entries by jumping back, scrolling and jumping again.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#62]
@muddy_shoes: Thanks! I'll take a look to all your comments and see how to improve this. Just one tiny questions:
Jumps to find results aren't added to the history.
You mean like a find next operation? (just to be sure I'm looking at the correct place)

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#63]
Find next or jumping between the find list entries. I rarely, if ever, use find next though. It's arguable whether you want to do this for either. The comparable functionality in VS includes navigations via Find All References list jumps but not for the standard text find operation. As I use the Find list as a poor man's Find All References I guess I expected the same functionality.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#64]
Just to let people know that I'm preparing an update with a nice new feature, that consist on background compilation being made completelly on the RAM. That is, no disk access is required to perform background compilation. This introduces a small performance improvement on background compilation and also allows Jungle Ide to be much more energy efficient when used on a laptop, slate, tablet or whatever device that uses a battery to be feed.
This new system also has an automatic compilation cluster's queue that prevents too many background compiler requests to be attended at the same time, to prevent a too higher usage of CPU. Jungle Ide now internally schedulles compilation clusters according to number of requests and active compilation clusters.

Fred(Posted 2012) [#65]
Good news for SSD too !
About navigation keys, could you map keys to multimedia back and forward buttons ? Those you can find on a lot of multimedia keyboard and mouse. (Alt left/right is fine too :)

Aman(Posted 2012) [#66]
Hey Ziggy looks like you will need a new update for the next Monkey update.

Jungle doesn't compile any projects because module 'monkeytarget' not found.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#67]
@Aman: Jungle will be supporting new experimental Monkey soon.

ondesic(Posted 2012) [#68]
Does Jungle support code formatting where you push a button and all code aligns?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#69]
I've been keeping a list of Jungle IDE issues/requests and it's probably better posted than sitting in my draft email folder. Some of these are repeats. Take/leave them as you wish:

* Lower the double-click delay to full-screen on a tab. Right now it pops them to full-screen on very slow double clicks when clicking across tabs. Probably best to reference SystemInformation.DoubleClickTime.
* Correct "Seach List" to "Search List" (or "Search Results")
* Stop moving the focus to the edit window when the user selects a member of the found list. It means you can't scroll through the list looking through the results.
* When jumping to a find result, put the line in the middle of the screen if possible. It's currently often at the edges or even entirely off the visible page.
* Preserve EOL characters in files - i.e. don't switch Unix to Windows (or have a setting so that the user can expressly request that behaviour).
* Add ability to execute arbitrary commands before, after and instead of the standard build.
* Jump to definition doesn't understand polymorphic methods
* Jump to definition doesn't understand explicit module references
* Jump to definition doesn't understand Function versus Method
* Jump to definition doesn't understand casting.
* Jump to definition will jump over parent class implementations when jumping to definition of a Super call.
* Add ability to jump to file/line based on all Monkey output, including runtime errors.
* Ensure runtime error dialog box is forced to front and is not separate from Jungle.
* Make the debug window preserve its docked state. Right now it repeatedly pops up undocked.
* Source formatting still breaks around <> and - values, e.g. "If val > -1"
* Please, please add the ability to only have the solution's main project build active in the build/compiler target dialog or maybe to not switch it to projects that are set to bypass. Having a library project in that dialog just because I've got a file from it open trips me up multiple times a day.
* Stop blocking shutdown to ask if the project should be saved when no changes have occurred since the last save.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#70]
Hello,

When I try to add an existing file to my project, it gives me the following error:

"There's a file with the same name at the same location. Append operation could not be completed"

The place I'm attempting to initiate this operation is inside a project subfolder, where one of my libraries resides. I updated the library from another project, and want to append the new files to my current project so that autocomplete works properly throughout.

I use the context menu on the subfolder I want to add the file to the project in the solution explorer, so I'm assuming that the "add existing file to project" operation might not work from that context? Anyway, if that's the case, then it might be a bug. So, consider this my bug report for it :)

Amon(Posted 2013) [#71]
Move the folders out of the directory then in Jungle create the folders in the solution explorer. After the folders are recreated within jungle copy the files in to those folders and use the 'add existing file' option to add the files.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#72]
The folder already exists in the solution explorer, and as far as I know, it was created from there. In any case, I understand the obvious workarounds. I was hoping for a bug fix...

Rone(Posted 2013) [#73]

@Aman: Jungle will be supporting new experimental Monkey soon.

Any news?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#74]
Any news?
Yes. I'm still at it. I'm rewriting most of the internal modules system so it can addapt to target specific modules, wich is something unexisting in current stable monkey version.
I'll be releasing an update in a while, that's the last update to not support v67b, and then next version will have (hopefully) this new modules thing added. As soon as I have it implemented and properly tested, I'll release a second update, wich should come before the regular updates timing.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#75]
By the way, new update available:
Jungle Ide 13.01.27-A
• Redirect disk operations of the Background compiler to an internal cache handled by Jungle Ide at runtime. This reduces drastically disk operations on background compilation, makes background compilation a bit faster, and makes Jungle Ide much more energy efficient on portable devices.

• Implemented a new I/O protocol between Jungle Ide and the Background compiler that allows the transmission of a complete document with a single pipes sync operation, which is a lot faster.

• Added a new internal task manager to the background compilation clusters, so there is a maximum number of running clusters to avoid system getting irresponsive when loading big amounts of stand alone files.

• Clusters are now properly queued when there are too much of them running.

• Fixed a typo on the Search Results tab.

• Search result item selection does generate an entry on the navigation history.

• Search Results item selection does keep the focus on the Search Results window to allow navigation through the list items.

• Better centering of found items after a Find Next operation, and after a "Search Results" item selection.

• Fixed an issue that was making the application focused control to get lost after a navigate back/forward on the code navigation history.

Next update, wich should come sooner than regular updates, will be also compatible with current experimental version (and backwards compatible to older versions as always).

Amon(Posted 2013) [#76]
Thanks dude!

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#77]
Finally, we have version 13.01.27-B. This is the complete changelog:
Jungle Ide 13.01.27-B

•Redirect disk operations of the Background compiler to an internal cache handled by Jungle Ide at runtime. This reduces drastically disk operations on background compilation, makes background compilation a bit faster, and makes Jungle Ide much more energy efficient on portable devices.

•Implemented a new I/O protocol between Jungle Ide and the Background compiler that allows the transmission of a complete document with a single pipes sync operation, which is a lot faster.

•Added a new internal task manager to the background compilation clusters, so there is a maximum number of running clusters to avoid system getting irresponsive when loading big amounts of stand alone files. Clusters are now properly queued when there are too much of them running.

•Fixed a typo on the Search Results tab.

•Search result item selection does generate an entry on the navigation history.

•Search Results item selection does keep the focus on the Search Results window to allow navigation through the list items.

•Better centering of found items after a Find Next operation, and after a “Search Results” item selection.

•Fixed an issue that was making the application focused control to get lost after a navigate back/forward on the code navigation history.

VERSION B:
•Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide become irresponsive in some computers when the background compiler was enabled.

•Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide stop calling the background compiler process on renamed files.

•Improved performance of the Background compiler scheduler by spreading the compilation clusters I/O synchronization on dedicated threads.

Hope you find it usefull. This version should run a bit faster than previous versions due a better handling of the background compiler.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#78]
I've just released a quick small update that allows Jungle Ide to be used in conjunction with latest experimental monkey version.

This is the small changelog:
Jungle Ide 13.02.04-A
• Implemented a compatibility layer that allows the compilation of Monkey source code using latest Monkey experimental version. This layer is fully backwards compatible with any previous Monkey compiler version.

1.- Notice that target specific modules are currently being ignored by the intelliprompt database. This is currently being implemented, but it does not have any side effects yet, as this new Monkey feature is not yet used by any official module, other to import native stuff.

2.- Notice that the background compiler is still targeting current officially stable release. We will be updating the background compiler once the current experimental version is considered stable.

Hope you find it useful!

siread(Posted 2013) [#79]
'Match Case' doesn't seem to work when finding text.

EDIT: Yes it does. It's just the first time you check it you need to change the text you want to search for, I think.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#80]
'Match Case' doesn't seem to work when finding text.

EDIT: Yes it does. It's just the first time you check it you need to change the text you want to search for, I think.

I'll fix this. Just I need to set a flag when this option changes (I forgot)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#81]
Ziggy, would you consider building in options to build with different versions of monkey ?

for example a user could open a menu and say here is my path to version 50, here is my path to version 55, and here is 66.

then when they build they could say , Oh I want to build this code with verison 50 and they would select that in some build option.

Might sound like an odd request but I think there are already situations where keeping older versions of monkey because functionality changes mid project.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#82]
A bit like Monodevelop allows you to select the CLR implementation to use? It seems a good idea given the speed Monkey is being updated. Will give it a "twist" and see if I can find a reasonable way to implement this.

Just first thoughts: It should keep the modules keyword and intellisense in-pair to the currently selected compiler version, but it would require a rebuild of the internal database at each version selection, which would not be very fast... mmm... mmm...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#83]
Small price to pay for the advantage of being able to build with a specific version.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#84]
Hi everyone. A new Jungle Ide version is available.

Where to start... This new version brings a bunch of small improvements. Some of them regarding usability and security.

The main improvement you will see is that now Jungle Ide allows you to set a secondary modules folder into the Monkey preferences where you can place any thirdparty modules. This way, when you update Monkey to a new version, you will no longer have to copy&paste modules from one Monkey verstion to another. This can be shared between monkey updates, and obviosly will also be included on the intellisense engine. Please, notice that this functionality does not work on monkey from version v65 to version v67e due to a bug in Monkey that has alrady been solved on v67f. Previous versions (v63, v64) do not have this problem. If you're using one of the incompatible versions, just leave this setting blank.

Also, this new version plays nicer on smaller machines and on virtualized environments, as it reduces to the maximum the disk operations the background compiler needs to operate. This brings a small speed improvement and helps with battery consumption on portable devices.

Another change is that now, Jungle Ide can close any running process-tree application such as a GLFW application if a recompilation is requested, instead of trying to open a second compilation process for the same file. This is now the default behavior, but it can be customized in the preferences dialog.

All in all, it is a big update full of improvements.

I hope you find it useful.

This is a more detailed changelog: (I'm sure I miss some bits in this list)
Jungle Ide 13.03.05-A

• Implemented a new file handling system that detects if two files with different path are the same file when symlinks are defined on a Windows drive.

• Implemented a new runtime and compile time error dialogs that provide select & copy functionality and are "owned" by the Jungle Ide main window, so they do not get hidden under the debug window occasionally.

• Reduced the required I/O operations between the background compiler and Jungle Ide. This makes Jungle Ide a bit lighter and faster on low end machines running a virtualized OS

• Added a new setting that allows Jungle Ide to close any previously running connection when recycling connections. This is now the default behavior.

• When an Android app is recompiled, Jungle Ide is now able to close associated connection if it's still running, but it leaves properly the adv server running so consequent builds are a lot faster, without requiring any additional work or interaction by the Jungle Ide user.

• New feature: You can now define an additional modules folder that can be used by trans to locate additional third-party modules. Define this folder on the Jungle Ide preferences, and you'll be able to keep all your third-party modules on a single folder, allowing you to share this modules between Monkey updates.

• Jungle Ide now has added now some security checks on the module database updating/creating to provide additional information in case the creation of the database fails.

• Better prevention of cyclic cross-folder referencing on NTFS file systems that had cyclic folder structures done by the usage of symlinks and junctions

• Fixed a bug that was making Jungle Ide crash when the user tried to load a recent solution, and this solution had been removed from its original system location

• Fixed: setting page selection was not properly marked on the setting page selector of the settings window.

• New: You can now set a preferred default compilation target on the Monkey settings.

• New background compiler compatible with current official Monkey stable version. New os and jungle.stdio modules available to allow people compile their own background compiler versions for Jungle Ide without having to change a single line of code of transcc sources. All the "interesting" stuff is done on a lower abstraction layer.

• Breaking change: Jungle Monkey Background Compiler will be installed as "junglembc2.exe" instead of "junglembc.exe" to avoid a compatibility issue detected with older Jungle Ide versions that could leave the background compiler irresponsive due a change in the internal I/O protocol between the two apps.

EDIT: The lite/demo version will be updated later today too

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#85]
Great, will try it out!

Belimoth(Posted 2013) [#86]
When I define an additional module folder, I get the error "Module 'boxes' not found." from the file monkey/monkey.monkey

dopeyrulz(Posted 2013) [#87]
When I define an additional module folder, I get the error "Module 'boxes' not found." from the file monkey/monkey.monkey

Yep - same here

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#88]

Forgot to mention that you need to be using latest monkey version v68 for the additional modules folder thing to work.

EDIT: You can use Monkey version 64 o earlier, or version 67f or later, intermediate Monkey versions do have a bug that is affecting the additional module folder thing.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2013) [#89]
Forgot to mention that you need to be using latest monkey version v68 for the additional modules folder thing to work.

Ah - yes just installed v68 now and seen it works ok.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#90]
Nice update! Love that the compiler errors now appear in a windows and the secondary modules folder is definitivly a must!

rebelas(Posted 2013) [#91]
When I try to update module database, it says:
The supplied license number is not a valid active license number
then:
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\brl\native\GoogleAdMobAdsSdkiOS-6.2.1] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\Animation\testAnimation.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\DiddyData\diddydata_example.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\Framework\testFramework.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\GUI\testGUI.data] has been ignored.

Need help!

Belimoth(Posted 2013) [#92]
Cool :) It's a very useful feature, I love being able to leave my WIP modules in my Dropbox instead of having to copy it to the module folder all the time.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#93]
The supplied license number is not a valid active license number
This message is generated by Jungle Ide when an user without a valid known license checks for updates. This usually means that you need to go to tools / preferences and put your license number and username at jungleide.com properly. it may not be well written.

Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\brl\native\GoogleAdMobAdsSdkiOS-6.2.1] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\Animation\testAnimation.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\DiddyData\diddydata_example.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\Framework\testFramework.data] has been ignored.
Folder: [C:\MonkeyPro68\MonkeyPro68\modules\diddy_v67\diddyhg\examples\GUI\testGUI.data] has been ignored.

All this folders are in your modules folder but do not have valid module paths so jungle ide is correctly ignoring them. Not any issue here.
Data folders or folders with not valid module names are meant to be excluded.

rebelas(Posted 2013) [#94]
ziggy, Yes, I used the correct license number, now it works. I haven't used Monkey for a while, so I forgot how it works. It seems now I can use modules. Planiax and diddy has worked so far. Thanks.

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#95]
Ziggy, please explain :) I have installed this new version and a new monkey version, and Junlge now auto detects my installed sdks as well? Because I could compile to my installed targets without modifying the monkey target config file.

Fred(Posted 2013) [#96]
What happened ?
I had sometimes little slowdowns but nothing annoying, (I always have background compilation ON and advanced text lexer),
but with the last version (and even with background compilation and advanced lexer OFF) I have a very annoying cursor delay after every modified line which makes it almost unusable !
My computer should be fast enough (I can play heavy 3D games, system and jungle are on a SSD)
Am I the only one ?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#97]
Am I the only one ?

I'm not experiencing this issue and I'm running this on a virtual machine. Maybe try reinstalling it?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#98]
@Fred: Can you send me your Jungle Framework folder at your documents folder, just in order for me to test your modules database and try to replicate any possible issue? That would be the way I could profile it and find any possible bottleneck. It may be related to your project or modules structure.
It would be nice to know if it happens when editing any file, or you need to be editing a given solution for this issue to show.
Trying to issolate any potential issue, it would be also great to know if disabling the threaded monkey parser on preferences does give any performance difference (to discard any mutual blicking thread operation, wich is very unlikely to happen, but not impossible).
EDIT: Also, it would be interesting to know what is your processor architecture.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#99]
Ziggy, please explain :) I have installed this new version and a new monkey version, and Junlge now auto detects my installed sdks as well? Because I could compile to my installed targets without modifying the monkey target config file.
Did you update your monkey compiler disk location on Jungle Ide preferences? Maybe you're using the same Monkey version? It's weird, I have not done anything special regarding SDKs, BUT latest Monkey version does a better job auto-detecting them, so maybe that's "the thing"?

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#100]
I'm definitely using the latest Monkey version.

Volker(Posted 2013) [#101]
The error requester 'compilation error' does not close when hitting escape button. Can we have that back? If it's not to much work..

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#102]
@Volker: Yes. It'll be back there.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#103]
anything with the background compiler in the new version incompatible with 66b? I don't get compiler error highlighting anymore....

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#104]
yes, the background compiler is now based on latest stable version, and the modules structure is not backwards compatible with older monkey versions.

Fred(Posted 2013) [#105]
Awesome support ! Thank you very much Ziggy for fixing my issue so quickly. My monkey cannot live without jungle !

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#106]
When building a clean compile on the latest version, it asks to confirm -- "Are you sure you want to make a clean compilation?" Clicking "No" forces a clean compilation anyway and changes the build configuration from 'clean' to 'run'. Please fix!

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#107]
It should force a run only build. I'll ensure it's not doing this any more.

EDIT: How you manage to make it force a -clean build? In current implementation, if you select "NO" it disables -clean parameter, and sets it to -run This is expected behavior, and no clean operation is performed

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#108]
A new update of Jungle Ide is available.

This new update has some fixes and some performance improvements. Specially, intellisense should be a bit less CPU intensive and this new version should reduce disk access operations a lot as it has an internal NTFS-FileID Cache system that speed ups the "two files are the same file" thing. This is specially notorious when working with network drives.

Also, this new version does parse whatever you have defined as modpath on your config file, so it can use any arbitrary combination of module folders on your Monkey setup (in addition to whatever you define in the specific additional module path setting of Jungle Ide). This, however, breaks compatibility with very old versions of Monkey. Will fix if someone needs to keep on a very old version of Monkey.Fix has been released. There are not any known compatibility issues.

It's a sort of stability fix with some small new features. Here you can see the changelog:

Jungle Ide 13.03.24-A

• Fixed an issue that was making contextual help to not work always when it was requested on a identifier declaration.

• Improved internal module's scope cache system. Intellisense is resolved sometimes a bit faster.

• Disabled the NTFs File ID solver by default, to make Jungle Ide faster when using mapped network drives. It can be turned back "on" on the preferences dialog.

• Implemented an internal NTFs File ID cache system that makes the Jungle Ide symlink resolver to work without undesired pauses. This new feature also improves Jungle Ide performance on local storage systems.

• Improved internal handling of settings, so it uses a faster indexing. This makes the whole IDE a bit faster.

• Jungle Ide will now use the modpath setting into your configuration document to locate Monkey modules (the same as the compiler). If you add an additional module's folder due Jungle Ide settings, this will be appended to whatever you've added in your monkey configuration settings.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide unable to open monkey documents from the windows explorer when there was an already running instance of Jungle Ide open, and the setting "use custom tmp folder" was configured.

• The license number setting is now presented as a password in the preferences dialog.

• Fixed an issue that was making the recent documents list to not contain proper recent documents history, sometimes.

• Added a new ttf ratting system that shows if a font is recommended for its usage on Jungle Ide or not. The text renderer needs to calculate spacing before calculating context-based lexing. This can potentially have some side effects on fonts, when the lexed styles contains bold characters. Jungle Ide will now detect these fonts as "not recommended". Usual coding fonts such as Consolas, Courier New, or Bitstream Vera Sans, do not have any of those issues and are highly recommended.

VERSION B:
• Fixed a compatibility issue with older Monkey versions.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#109]
Jungle seems to get upset now running on v66b due to the lack of a modpath variable in config.winnt.txt...

Edit: It seems that one of the other side effects of this is that type primitives and things in the monkey module (like String and its members) no longer have Intellisense. Probably a number of other things get confused, too, but it seems to compile okay

Edit2: Help seems to be broken as well. I am no longer able to get context-sensitive help, and loading general help loads my browser, but says "The address wasn't understood. Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (e) isn't associated with any program." -- drive letter's E:\ , but the confusion seems to be the improper mixing of directorySeparatorChar and altDirectorySeparatorChar in the path. You should make a #define or something for System.IO.Path.DirectorySeparatorChar ! This may or may not be related to the recent modpath or help system changes. The others seem to be, however.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#110]
@Nobuyuki: A new "B" version is available that should fix the backwards compatibility issue with older Monkey versions. Once you get the update, be sure to update your Monkey modules database for the fix to apply.
JungleIde will assume that modpath is ${MONKEYDIR}\modules if there is non defined. That's the default modules location on old Monkey versions, so it is now backwards compatible.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#111]
thanks! Hey, by the way, would it be possible to have the output console support unicode? The editor already does :v

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#112]
It does support Unicode. The problem is Trans not supporting or outputting it properly. Not much I can do here...

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#113]
ah, I see. The output came normally from HTML5, so I assumed it was not target-dependent.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#114]
A new version is avilable.
This new version integrates a new browser that is based on Chrominium and brings better html rendering and dev tools into jungle ide.
This is the changelog for this version:
Jungle Ide 13.04.06-A

•Added a Chrominium based browser into Jungle Ide. This alows apps to be tested into the ide, and makes it possible to profile JavaScript.

•Added the chrominium dev tools to the Jungle Ide browser window.

•Fixed a bug that was introducing unclosed <li> html tags into Jungle Ide generated documentation.

•Fixed a bug that was preventing some monkey samples to not be opened from within the monkey documentation sample pages.

•Fixed a bug that was making the “Use round tabs” parameter to not be properly loaded on Jungle Ide restart.

•Implemented several optimizations on the text rendering engine so it works faster and it is more efficient on complex monkey code structures.

Update as usual

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#115]
Just got the update, Thanks Ziggy :)

How do I html5 build to the in-Editor IDE? I was expecting a html5_jungle target or something in the options?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#116]
Not yet! We need to make several changes to mserver first. This is just a first release.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#117]
Cool Update! Would still like to change the color of the whole layout instead of a dark theme! When will that be possible? :)

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#118]
Ziggy, you can start by just "opening" the browser and point it to the MonkeyGame.html file in the /build/html5/ folder.

Works for me. Would just be nice if it was "automatic" if you knwo what I mean. Or is mserver needed for loading stuff or something?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#119]
a couple things about the new browser, which is low-hanging fruit that might be easy to fix:

1. the very first time I opened it, it appeared in a tiny little 320x240 box inside the full tab. I opened it using context-help, and don't have the "load browser at startup" feature enabled. Perhaps it missed part of its initialization somehow because of this. The fix was easy -- just separate the browser from the tabs, resize, and put back into a tab again.

2. Ctrl+F to find things within the page no longer works.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#120]
Tidbit: Chrome requires mserver for monkey games to work while testing, because it considers running javascript from local to be some sort of xss security risk. Though, for XP users, it could be nice if mserver ran as a tray icon, and not a full taskbar icon :)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#121]
Tidbit: Chrome requires mserver for monkey games to work while testing, because it considers running javascript from local to be some sort of xss security risk. Though, for XP users, it could be nice if mserver ran as a tray icon, and not a full taskbar icon :)
Yes, there are several required changes to mserver. the HTTP implementation of mserver is very minimal and does not follow 100% standards. I've already added the type-content part to headers on my own mserver version wich I plan to pullrequest to the official github repository soon, and hopefully Mark will find it useful and trustable so it gets on official release. This is sort-of first brik on the wall.

1. the very first time I opened it, it appeared in a tiny little 320x240 box inside the full tab. I opened it using context-help, and don't have the "load browser at startup" feature enabled. Perhaps it missed part of its initialization somehow because of this. The fix was easy -- just separate the browser from the tabs, resize, and put back into a tab again.
I think this is caused by docking rules being set too fast while browser is still initializing. Browser rungs on its own thread, so it's likely to be a syncro issue. I've modified it to set the docking rules when the first document is loaded, so all the handles are created and it should work always in the correct order now.

2. Ctrl+F to find things within the page no longer works.
I'm investigating how to add this back using the Chrominium framework. I'll post more information soon

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#122]
Chrome requires mserver for monkey games to work while testing

How do you reproduce that?

Works for me as far as I can see? Or is mserver actually running behind the scenes somehow?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#123]
Try to load any application that uses LoadString, SaveState or any of the commands that require the app to be a remote app. That's why mserver was added to Monkey. otherwise, why would Mark bothered writing a server for Monkey?

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#124]
You have to use a web server to serve up HTML5 apps, but it doesn't have to be mserver. I use Apache, which allows me to maintain state/variables from browser run to browser run (day to day).

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#125]
My App is not using LoadString, SaveState. I figured it was something like that. :)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#126]
If anyone wants to get a modified MServer that does support CEF and WebKit, [s]feel free to download my Monkey branch at Git ( https://github.com/ziggybcn/monkey/tree/develop ) I've sent a pull request to Mark and I supose he'll look at it at some point and decide wheter the changes can be moved to the official dev branch or not.

EDIT (Modified link)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#127]
A new update to Jungle Ide is available. It's just a minor stability update.

This is the small changelog:
Jungle Ide 13.04.15-B (Stability Fix)

• Fixed a stability issue that could make a Connection keep a inconsistent status when a close operation was requested and the OS closed the underlying process while the process tree was being generated. This was specially problematic sometimes when canceling Android builds, causing a Jungle Ide unmanaged exception.

• Several stability fixes on the CEF framework integration

VERSION B:

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide block itself while trying to close Jungle Ide and a browser window was on focus

Update as usual. Free versión to be updated in some minutes too.

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#128]
Tried the update 4 times now but every time jungle just stops responding never had a prob before.I have had a couple of probs with jungle just locking up lately though so maybe its something ive changed.I will check this into this more but was just letting you know in case its not my fault

Neil(Posted 2013) [#129]
On my first attempt Jungle stopped responding and I had to use task manager to kill it. Second attempt worked. Never seen this problem on previous updates.

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#130]
ok it updated but it took about 9 attempts.dunno what was up though.

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#131]
Mine updated but I'm getting bad performance now. Sometimes the cursor disappears while it's doing some processing in the background. :-/

Any way to go back a version?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#132]
one of the fixes is the jungle ide bloking on update. so hopefully you won't be seeing this "can't update" again in the future. I'm sorry for this.

c.k. You should get the same performance as in previous version on regular usage. However, in your jungle ide framework folder, you can see an "stored updates" folder. just install the desired rollback from there.

that said. if antone is having issues to get the update applied:
1. do not update on start-up as requested.
2. close any html browser window
3. go to help/check for updates and update regulary.

EDIT: SEE NEXT POST

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#133]
Found a new scenario where stopping the Chrominium Embedded Framework on some computers could randomly (and very rarely) freeze Jungle Ide due a mutual bloking cross-thread operation. The CES engine is only stopped when Jungle Ide is being closed, so, in other words, this newly detected bug could cause Jungle Ide to freeze when you try to close it.

So... I've just released another small stability update to fix this.

Now, this is important:
There's a chance (very rare) that this update can't be completed and Jungle Ide gets frozen (becouse of the known bug we're fixing).

So.... If you have a jungle-ide getting completely irresponsive or close suddently when the update process has finished downloading the patch:

IF THE UPDATE PROCESS FREEZES:

1.- Give it some time (some seconds), just in case it's just your AV analyzing the download for some seconds.
If that's not the problem:

2.- Close the Jungle Ide Process (task manager)

3.- Go to "Documents/Jungle Ide Framework/Stored updates"

4.- Execute the patch "Jungle-Ide-13.04.16-A-Update.exe"

IF THE UPDATE PROCESS JUST DOWNLOADS AND CLOSES JUNGLE

1.- Go to "Documents/Jungle Ide Framework/Stored updates"

2.- Execute the patch "Jungle-Ide-13.04.16-A-Update.exe"

Done!

You can also download the patch manually from here. and it will fix it too.

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#134]
I'm getting some performance degredation with this latest patch, so what I'll do tomorrow is revert and see if I get the same thing. Could be the project I just started back up on is heavier than what I've been doing lately.

I'll let you know.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#135]
Don't hesitate to send me your project so I can profile it and fix any possible bottleneck

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#136]
It has definitely become slower. Especially opening a file for the first time and that intellisense stuff. But always only the first time it is used - at least on my side here.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#137]
It would be interesting to know what are the system specs of people experiencing any slowdown. Also, if there's anything "funny" on the configuration such as network drives, or anything that could be causing any kind of performance impact. I'm also interested in the number of processing units. Will provide an optimization as soon as I can locate the source of any possible slow down.
if there's a given project that causes the slow down, please, feel free to send me the sources for profiling purposes. I won't keep them, just will be used to profile jungle and provide improvements.

I'm in the ugly and archetipic: Can't replicate here. Any additional information will be helpful.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#138]
I have tons of network drives here. lol
My spec is pretty good: Intel Xeon W3540 @2.93GHz, 12GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

I'll check this on my laptop as well, but I could not install the update there yet.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#139]
This could be related to symlink resolution on network drives. Are your sources located on a network drive? does it make any difference if the files are accessed localy?

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#140]
No I have them all local on the harddrive. But it's pretty difficult to say. It was like some kind of a "hickup" only the first time. Now it runs well as usual.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#141]
It can be related to internal JIT of some classes. I'll make sure everything is being properly compiled at install time, as I've modified slightly the runtime compiling system Jungle Ide is using, in order to make it easier to mix c++/cli code with .net I'll make some profiling as soon as I get a way to replicate any potential issue. Hope c.k. can send me a project that reflects the problem, or just give some tips. Everything is smooth as always here.

Ken(Posted 2013) [#142]
Hey Ziggy,

I just bought the Jungle IDE. It makes programming Monkey near enough to pleasant.

I saw 'near enough', because I'm running it under Parallels on a Mac, so I have to remember to mentally switch gears when editting. (It's not Cmd-right arrow to get to the end of the line, just 'End'.) It works just fine, so far, but then I haven't installed a bunch of crap on this windows partition (nor am I likely to do so).

That said, the most painful thing was in trying to find where to actually pay.

I looked in the about box (only a link to http://www.lemonbytes.com).
I looked in the 'Convert to full version' button, which I was sure would take me to a web site to pay...uh...nope.
I went to the lemonbytes web site, and couldn't see any link to the jungle web site, until it finally occurred to me to click on the image for Jungle IDE.
The first time through paying, the secure3D flashed on the screen, then went away.

Then, when I /finally/ got the registration code, I put it in without reading much further, only to be told that it wasn't a valid license.
Once I read the instructions, I saw I had to go to your web site and register the license with my user name, and only /then/, after all that, could I use my registration code to make it a full version.

Honestly, if Monkey didn't have the crazy strange capitalisation rules, I'd have given up on the exercise and used vim or textmate2 or something.

It's nice not to beat people over the head and shoulders with trying to get them to pay, but you're providing a serious product that is very helpful. I gotta think most people would /want/ to make sure you get paid, if only in hopes you keep making it.

A button in the about screen that takes me straight to the page where I can lay down my credit card would have been hugely welcomed.

Thanks for making Jungle. If you /ever/ consider doing that on Mac, do give me a call. I'd pay twice the Windows price for a Mac-native version.

-Ken

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#143]
@Ken: Thanks for your feedback, it's very appreciated. I'll improve all this ASAP.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#144]
I'm preparing a new functionality which is something I have called "marks" and I'm not sure if that's the right word on english, so before I commit an official release, I would love to get some basic feedback.

Let me explain:

This new feature allows you to do the folling:

Place any coment like this one:
'mark: This code needs some work

Or like this one:
'mark: TODO: Release resources properly

And then Jungle Ide provides a single ordered list of all marks in the given solution, so you can see them and navigate thoruhg them. You can use this to create TODO list, or anything that requires this functionality.

Is the word "marks" correct? (I was sort of translating "marcas" from Spanish and it may not work) I had also contemplated "sidenote" or "sidenotes" but it is too large.

EDIT: Modified Mark: by Note: as suggested here, as it is a much better descriptive word.

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#145]
Love it. Why not use 'todo' as it clearly is for making to do lists.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#146]
Great features ziggy!

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#147]
That looks wonderful Ziggy. In English the word "mark" is the same as "note". So either "mark" or "note" would work just fine.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#148]
Don't know why, but suddenly 'note: looks much better to me than marks. Maybe because it translates more directly to a "textual" mark. Maybe I should use this instead of marks. ?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#149]
Yeah. I think note might be a more recognized word as well.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#150]
Note is seconded here.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#151]
So, "note" it is.

I'll be releasing an update very soon.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#152]
That's awesome. I hope this release is before the Ludum Dare, which starts tomorrow. I'd love to give it a good test drive.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#153]
Hey Ziggy, I have been playing around with fantomEngine and Jungle isn't auto completing or pulling up the variable types. However, when I use Ignition, it works fine. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to fix this?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#154]
@Why0Why: mmm, have you updated the modules database after adding the FantomEngine module?

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#155]
That would be the problem. Thanks :)

And I think it is time for a part 2 of this thread!

Raz(Posted 2013) [#156]
That's a great feature Ziggy :D Especially perfect for quick projects like Ludum Dare.

And I think it is time for a part 2 of this thread!

Or.. proper forum pagination... ahem