Commandline arguments (glfw/stdcpp/xna)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Commandline arguments (glfw/stdcpp/xna)

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey, by any chance has anyone written a module to support these? I've written a little editor for my engine in another language and it would be real helpful to supply arguments to my app rather than writing to a file and having an open stream so that I can test levels directly from the editor. I am unaware if there is any support for this whatsoever, or if any of the current module makers have added this in..

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#2]
The os module has AppArgs, which returns a string array. Doesn't cover XNA, though... I'm not sure if you'd get command-line arguments in an XNA app.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#3]
thanks, that's probably what I was looking for :)
I'll look into it.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#4]
Damn, importing "os" has created a lot of duplicate LoadString identifiers. I'm not sure I want to refactor my entire project to fix this. Is there a common practice (other than specifying app.LoadString or os.LoadString from the beginning) for importing both os and mojo to avoid this conflict?

I've tried putting "import os" into a compiler directive to only load on GLFW, but as expected, the compiler doesn't like it in any case. Perhaps there's some way to shadow the function....

EDIT: Scratch that, I guess I'll refactor the whole thing. Hurrgh, I guess this is really the best way. Anyone who is reading this though, for the benefit of all, if it isn't the best way please do say something

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#5]
Alias LoadString = os.LoadString

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thank you, kind sir. Amazing I've gone this far without having to need this. I will put it to good use.