Mark: Feature request Reflection metatags

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Mark: Feature request Reflection metatags

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
I would kill to have reflection metatags on methods, and a way to determine if a method is considered a property or not.

Also, any chance to make the REFLECTION_FILTER additive for each file it appears on? It would make it a lot easier to develop thirdparty modules that rely on reflection, and make them solid. Otherwise a module that uses Reflection can get unusable once the "main" monkey file adds its own reflection filter and removes the inclusion of files that are require for the module to work. I'm having this problem with the free open source Jungle Gui module I'm developing.

Thanks for reading my request, hope I'm not the only one wishing this additions.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#2]
I was actually planning on adding metadata/annotations to monkey-ext. I was most likely going to keep a similar syntax as BlitzMax.

[monkeycode]Class Foo
Field bar:String { a="1", b="2" }
End

Local ci:ClassInfo = GetClass("Foo")
Local fi:FieldInfo = ci.GetField("bar")
Local a:String = fi.GetMetadata("a")
Local b:String = fi.GetMetadata("b")[/monkeycode]

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#3]
You should read this: http://marksibly.blogspot.nl/

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
@wiebow: Thanks! I hadn't read the addition of += to the reflection filter. That's superb news to me. If I don't get it wrong this is on current internal Mark dev versions, not in latest version. I can't wait to see this implemented.

Rone(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thumbs up