Help with Wrapping

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Help with Wrapping

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#1]
I was look at Adam's work with wxWidgets and he mentioned the cross platform wxODBC. I think this would be extremely helpful in Monkey. I am willing to give it a shot but I am not even sure where to start. I have done a search and I found one old thread about wrapping something for iOS which was somewhat helpful.

Is there a tutorial out there that I am missing or can someone give a guide if one doesn't exist? I would classify myself as intermediate level so this may just be beyond my abilities.

Thanks!

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
intermediate with C++?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#3]
I'd start by compiling wxWidgets's static libraries, and make sure you set the odbc option.

Since I've arranged wxMonkey in a way that makes porting easier, and the wxDb requires no tricks (except for one callback i see), its straightforward:
[monkeycode]
'' wxdb.monkey
import wxmonkey

Extern

Class wxDb
Method Open:Bool(Dsn:wxMString, Uid:wxMString, AuthStr:wxMString, failOnDataTypeUnsupported:bool=true)

End

public
[/monkeycode]

I'm using an intermediate string type between monkey String and wxString.
After I release a first pass on wxMonkey, you're free to create the rest of the wxDb wrapper.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#4]
I will use that as a jumping off point once you release everything. I don't have any C++ skills so I don't know if I will be able to muddle through it. It may just be over my head.

I just feel like this is something Monkey really needs to help get it to the next level. db access opens up a lot of options.