Ignition V1.01 now up!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ignition V1.01 now up!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

Ignition V1.1 is now available.

All gui objects can now be attached to the system gui. This means besides the default pause, continue and quit button you can add for example volume sliders. An example is included : http://www.playniax.com/demos/slider/html5/demo.html

And:

Modules:

strings.monkey - Added iCountLines and iFindLine commands (count lines or find position of a string in a text file)

config.monkey - Added CountLines and FindLine commands added to iConfig class (count lines or find position of a string in a config file).

engine.monkey - All gui objects can now be attached to the system gui. Skin files AutoX and AutoY bug fix. ResetPositions, Percentages, AutoX and AutoY can now position gui objects relative to another gui object. Renamed VMouse and VTouch of the iPlayfield, iLayerObject and iGuiObject class to Mouse and Touch.

Bananas:

Added new tile example (example 5) that shows how to add and remove tiles to or from a map.
Added new system gui example (example 3) that shows how to add extra gui objects to the system gui.

Note: For people who bought it, I have put an experimental members area to download the update. Saves me sending it by email. You can use your personal license code send with the purchase from share-it to login. Copy paste does not work (yet?).

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#2]
Thanks... :) Is this available to existing customers and if it is, how do I get it?

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#3]
Integrate physics into this module and you would have a real winner. Just my 2 cents.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#4]
Visit http://monkey.playniax.com and use your license key to login.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yes, integrate physics is on my wishlist.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#6]
+1 for physics

PaulHMason(Posted 2012) [#7]
Definitely +1 for physics (Box2D, preferably).

Volker(Posted 2012) [#8]
Here is my conversion of my box2dscreen for diddy to ignition.
It's far away from finished. I'm just writing a small game
to see how good it integrates to ignition.

Snader(Posted 2012) [#9]
Err, after entering my licencecode:

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /usr/home/deb13896/domains/playniax.com/public_html/monkey/getfile.php on line 13

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#10]
Same error here:

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /usr/home/deb13896/domains/playniax.com/public_html/monkey/getfile.php on line 13

and, PLEASE!!, support copy / paste in the license code input box.

Snader(Posted 2012) [#11]
ah, it works now.. +1 for the copy/paste!

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#12]
@Volker...if you can get this working, that would be excellent!!!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#13]
Anyone else still having this problem? I did not change anything. So, it's working or not. I tested it on Chrome and IE. What browser and OS are you using?

I may need some help on that copy/paste :) I did try but not all that hard. In the meantime, after typing the license code once, it should remember your code.

As far as box2D is concerned, I am curious how it turns out.

Amon(Posted 2012) [#14]
I'm having problems. I can't copy & Paste in to the box so I have to enter my license manually but when I do and it's accepted I click the 1.1 update and I get the same error message someone posted above.

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#15]
It still doesn't work. Tested on Chrome and Firefox on Linux.

The problem lies in the PHP script, not the webpage.

BTW: do you really need a Monkey app to check the registration code? It is weird ;-) ... and that's why it does not support copy / paste.

+1 for box2D

Amon(Posted 2012) [#16]
Just went back to test it again and it works. :)

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#17]
Tony, I had a look at your source code, just to check why it doesn't work.

The problem is that (sometimes) the final URL is not created correctly.

Look at mine (removed file name for security):

monkey.playniax.com/getfile.php?key=&file=xxx.zip

as you can see, the "key" field is empty, while (in your javascript code) you expect this to be filled with my registration code.

I succeded downloaded Ignition 1.1 by adding my registration code by hand in the URL above.

Tony, it was an easy hacking. I really think you should consider a more robust and "simple" HTML form instead of Monkey app to filter users. :-)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#18]
Thanks fsoft, working on it.

I thought it would be appropriate to use a monkey app. And it´s my first php scripting attempt. You still need your license code to get in or download any of the files or am I missing something?

Your license code is personal so unless my database is open from the outside this can be a temporarily system.

I changed somethings to the scripts. I hope it works better now.

Anyone else still having problems, please send me an email.

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#19]
Tony, I still need my license code to download the zip file.

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#20]
Tony, if you want I can help with the HTML + JavaScript for your download form. Please, send me your gfx files to my personal email address and I'll write down something.

You already have my email address: I'm the one with problems with Tile on Linux ;-)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#21]
Thanks for your offer. I appreciate it. I send you an email.

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#22]
Does anyone know of any reviews of Ignition? How are you guys here finding it? I'm just looking to build my own framework, and if this will fit my needs I'll just buy it and save hours of dev time.

A few questions:

1) Are there any docs and/or demo source available for this that I can go through to actually see what this can do?
2) Does it have gamecenter support? If not, can I integrate GC with Ignition?
3) Can this be integrated with a box2d module at all if I need physics.

Aaron

Volker(Posted 2012) [#23]
1) Yes. The examples and the docs are sufficient for me atm.
3) See my posting above. I'm testing how good it integrates to ignition.
I can't live without box2d, so this is a must for me if I want to continue working with ignition.
The only thing I found really missing is that you can only load strips or single images for animations, not a full images with columns and rows.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#24]
The only thing I found really missing is that you can only load strips or single images for animations, not a full images with columns and rows.

I will have a look at that.

box2d should not be a problem. You can use it in the same way as you would using the monkey App class. Instead use the iEngine class. It has Oncreate (), OnRender () and OnUpdate () methods but offer a lot more.

I actually see no reason at this time why other stuff can not be integrated with Ignition. I am planning to look at this myself. It can be interesting providing interfaces of somekind that hook in to other modules and work together with ignition but for now I focus on improving the docs and bananas, bug fixes and better gui/font support.

You can download a sample of the docs and bananas:

http://www.playniax.com/download/sample.zip

You can NOT compile the bananas without getting errors because you are missing the framework and data files but it is to give you an impression of the framework.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#25]
Wow, how could I miss that gem! Great work, will buy it asap! :)

Just a question: This special fx section is some kind of a particle engine? Can I use it for this like smoke, fire and so on?

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#26]
The fx module is a library of animations made with a particle system. The idea behind this is to have a lot of presets. Ignition does have a simple particle system and will be expanded over time.

Presets are smoke, explosions, blastwave and light trails. You can see them at work in the Galaxy Protector game.

PaulHMason(Posted 2012) [#27]
I really like Ignition, but there are a few additions that would be nice (apart from Box2D support):

Transitions (between views/iEngine instances).
Easier support for "modal windows", like message boxes etc.

It's no great effort to do this manually, but they would be nice out of the box features :)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#28]
I have put it on the wishlist.

PaulHMason(Posted 2012) [#29]
Excellent :)

Corona SDK has a particularly nice implementation of storyboards, which I think could work much the same way for Ignition.

http://docs.coronalabs.com/api/library/storyboard/index.html

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#30]
I definitely agree on transitions.

Armitage1982(Posted 2012) [#31]
If you plan using Box2d for your engine, please consider the original C++ version !
The Flash one 2.1a is very outdated and miss a lot of nice features.

Now... do what you can of course :)

semar(Posted 2012) [#32]
Hi Playniax,
I have a question, is it possible with your framework, to give an object (a sprite for instance) a sequence of tasks, and let the framework do the rest ?

In other words, let's say I want a sprite to move first from a to b with easing E1 and speed s1 and after delay1 millisecs, and when it reaches b (or after delay2 millisecs) it should move from b to c with easing E2 and speed s2.

What I ask, is if it possible do do it ala SpriteCandy, like:
sprite_move(xb,yb,E1,sp1,delay1)
sprite_move(xc,yc,E2,sp2,delay2)
and once given the above commands, the framework takes care of the sprite, and all I would have to do is merely:
Planyax_framework.update

Cheers,
Sergio.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#33]
Hi,

Sprites have a MoveTowards () method. The timing/delay you would have to do your self for now.

Cheers!