New to Monkey.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/New to Monkey.

DeadFall(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey so I'm relatively new to monkey and the first project that I'm wanting to work on is a learning game for little kids. The game has 7 basic game modes, counting, matching, puzzles, and so others.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a good tutorial that would point me in the right direction for these types of games.

Thanks for any help!
DeadFall

Would this be the right forum to post this is?

Fryman(Posted 2012) [#2]
There are 2 good tutorials built into the monkey documentation you should look in the help for them first they will get you on your way to building your first game

welcome to monkey

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#3]
A lot depends on whether you have done similar things in other languages, i.e. is it Monkey-specific concepts, or game architecture concepts that you are mostly interested in?

How much do your seven modes have in common? You will want to abstract out stuff that is used in all of them.

DeadFall(Posted 2012) [#4]
There are several things that all the game modes will have in common. And thanks for the advice so far.

Also I've gone through the 2 tutorials and I think I got my self on the right track. I'll probably be back with more precise questions. Thanks for your guys help so far.