Thought I'd try Monkey, but computer say no!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Thought I'd try Monkey, but computer say no!

Qube(Posted 2012) [#1]
I've finally got around to giving Monkey a whirl which I purchased on day one of release :)

However... With V60 on OS X Mountain Lion GM release, the latest Xcode etc etc I get this message when trying the GLFW target.

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET MonkeyGame OF PROJECT MonkeyGame WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===
Check dependencies
error: There is no SDK with the name or path '/Users/Qube/Downloads/Monkey/MonkeyPro60/bananas/mak/firepaint/firepaint.build/glfw/xcode/macosx10.6'

TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug', return code=16640
** BUILD FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

Process Complete

I don't know where it's getting the "macosx10.6" bit on the end of the path as it doesn't exist :/

I did find on these forums a "fix" which was "sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app" but that made no difference either.

Am I missing something obvious? Is it because of Mountain Lion? Do I need to sing a couple of versus of "Kum bay ya"?

If anyone say try Windows or especially Linux there will be blood! lol.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
check monkey/bin/macos_config.txt

see if you can change something in there like 10.6

Qube(Posted 2012) [#3]
Nope, nothing in the macos_config.txt file :(

hsutuo(Posted 2012) [#4]
current xcode download from macstore not included older sdk , u can in option menu download by u self. other way, u can open xcode project change sdk version to new version

Qube(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks, changing the options in the XCode project works. I guess I can do that once for each new project until fixed permanently :)

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#6]
This also helped me. I hope there will be an update for this soon.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#7]
Doesnt v61(b) fix this?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#8]
I updated to v61b but I still have to open XCode and change SDK to 10.7

therevills(Posted 2012) [#9]
Hmmm, sorry, but Ive got to ask have you deleted your build folder?

One of the changes Mark highlighted in v61 was this:

The xcode projects (ie: ios and glfw) have been convert to xcode 4.4 projects, so you'll need to update xcode if you have

If you have, I'd suggest you raise a post in the bug forum.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#10]
I just tried. There was no GLFW folder in the build folder and still it gave me a compile error.
But opening it in XCode and change the SDK did the trick.