Tweening with Diddy

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Tweening with Diddy

hobo(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello,

I am struggling to successfully implement Tweens using the Diddy framework.

I have a multipart tween working and a graphic moving using the tween. This loops no problem at all.

The area i'm struggling with is stopping and resetting a multi-part Tween so I can animate a graphic again right from the start of the Tween.

I have looked at the examples and tried using various methods:

if (myChainTween.value = x) myChainTween.active = false

' turn tween active true/false in an attempt to restart.

if (myChainTween.value = x) myChainTween.chainActive = 0 

' once ive reached the end value reset the chain to 0

I have also tried deleting the tween and recreating every time. This appears to work but the seems to skip the first part of the chaintween when I update.

Tween.DestroyTween(0)

tweenNew = Tween.CreateLinear(400, - 130, 0, - 130)
tweenNew.AddChain(Tween.CreateBounce(250, 0, - 10, 0))
tweenNew.AddChain(Tween.CreateBounce(150, 0, - 5, 0))
tweenNew.AddChain(Tween.CreateLinear(250, 0, 0, 0))

Wondering if anyone has a definitive way of stopping and reseting a tween or again more likely if I'm missing something simple.

Thanks for any help.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#2]
Let me check the code and remember how I wrote it and I'll get back to you. XD

hobo(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks for looking into it Samah.

hobo(Posted 2012) [#4]
Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an example of using Diddy tween chain functionality?

Specifically where you stop, reset and start the full diddy chain tween.

Thanks in advance.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#5]
Sorry, I've been busy with work and the monkey touch stuff (and playing too much osu). I'll try to look at lunch.

Edit: Alright, what I'm going to do as an interim solution is to add a few Stop/Start methods.

What I'll probably end up doing is rewriting it to be a little more user-friendly, and use properties rather than public fields. Some of those fields are meant to be internal and aren't intended for developers to read/write.

I'll keep the old tweening system for backward compatibility, but I'm thinking you'll probably want to migrate eventually.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
off topic I know but hows your mt game coming along ?

Samah(Posted 2012) [#7]
off topic I know but hows your mt game coming along ?

It shoots bullets in fancy patterns. :)
Next step is to add the player, then level scripting and boss scripting. I'll most likely be using Lost Garden graphics, so no programmer art required. ;)