FontMachine and Flash.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/FontMachine and Flash.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
hay up. thought I would ask here in the hope of a reply before I need to head of to bed.

Using font machine, have the latest IDE, and the latest module, in flash I am getting this error.

Building...
TRANS FAILED: Invalid character in flash filename: graphics/font/nAch14.1.png.
Abnormal program termination. Exit code: -1

Module version : fontmachine-12-04-22-A.zip
IDE Version : FontMachine 11.7.12.0

I have of course asked this on the jungle site, but as I said trying to get a fast reply , and suspect that ziggy might be off for the night.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#2]
Looks like trans doesn't like the filename. I think it's the double dot.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
yeah ziggy has said that he patched this, so just to be sure, I deleted fontmachine and its module, re-downloaded both and installed, patched the module with my own drawtext code.

And when I ran the GUI to export a new font(i deleted the old fonts) it still created the filename with the . and not an _ .

So not sure if ziggy has the fix and just forgot to actually upload it, or if something else is going on my end.

cant think what else to try.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
You have to be using 11.7.14 (or later), and in your post you say you're using 11.7.12 wich is not latest available version. 11.7.12 was in fact the version that had the Flash issue and it was fixed 2 days after in the current latest stable version. Update to latest version to prevent this bug form happening.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
oh dear god..

Dyslexia strikes again..

people, dummies like me really find stuff like that hard to notice, I could have looked at that 100 times and not noticed that the bottom like was for fontmachine and not jungle.

oh well got it in the end :) thanks for the help guys, and ziggy for being patient with me :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
I've changed "Additional downloads" by "Older versions of available software" I hope it's more clear this way.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#7]
putting a hr or separator in to show that those links are different might also help. something to just split up the wall of blue links will make it easier to notice.