Help really odd problem! bb_input_device

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Help really odd problem! bb_input_device

Qcat(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi

I'm having a really odd problem with OS X lion and monkey on my MacBook Pro 15-inch, Early 2011 model. the problem is that any code including samples will not run mojo code. Weirdly this happens on GLFW and Html 5. This is what I get when I run difference\clock.monkey

Link

At 1st I thought the issue only happened when the MacBook goes to sleep. At other times code runs fine with no modifications. It's all a bit odd any ideas would be much appreciated. I have wiped my MacBook and reinstalled everything to see that solves the problem but it is has not helped.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks

Adam

Raz(Posted 2012) [#2]
just throwing it out there because it's got me so many times.

Have you deleted your build directory for said project?

Qcat(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yes, and it is happening with the samples in a new monkey install

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#4]
I used to get that problem when I used import "Mojo" with a capital M instead of "mojo" with a small m.
it would work the first time but after restarting the computer it would give me that same error.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#5]
I got that "rendering operations" error message (in your screenshot) on the Raspberry Pi when it couldn't set up a graphics mode (because I'd set the Pi's system/graphics memory split too low). Wondering if it's something like that, or 3D acceleration not being enabled at certain points, like when it wakes up...

Are you maybe able to try a non-Monkey OpenGL demo when it happens?

Qcat(Posted 2012) [#6]
@jessie
i have had that problem has well. but mojo is all lowercase in the code i am testing.

@DruggedBunny
i have just tested none non-Monkey OpenGL code and it works fine. odd thing is that other gl apps are working i have been using cheetah3d etc with no problems. also blitzmax is fine

Thanks everyone for the help so far.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#7]
Hi,

What version of Firefox are you using?

Have you tried another browser, eg: Chrome?

Qcat(Posted 2012) [#8]
Hi,

it was happening in Firefox and chrome. but I seem to have tracked the problem down to a driver/software issue with my MacBook. I've done a new reinstall without using a Time Machine backup and so far it all seems to be working fine.

thank you everyone for their help.

Adam