Jungle Ide update (PAGE 2)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jungle Ide update (PAGE 2)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
Continued from here

For newcomers, Jungle Ide is an advanced IDE (source code editor) for the Monkey programing language, for Windows. More info here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=4

It provides several improvements over current official IDEs (Monk and Ted) Including (but not limited to):

-Intellisense
-Complex project management system
-Project-wide search and replace
-Lexed source code highlighting
-Auto-completion
-Folding
-Documentation generator for source code
-Background compiler that inform on errors as you code
-Debugging for C++ based targets (stdcpp and glfw)

For more information take a look to the official Jungle Ide website: http://www.jungleide.com/ or get the demo here.

Now, a new update has just been released. This hopefully improves the new search lists functionality.

This is the short changelog:
Jungle Ide 12.06.13-A

•Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide search list to display zero-based line information, instead of 1 based.

•Reworked the way the search list is generated. It now displays the complete sentece where the match was found

•The search list results are now stored on a separated panel, at the bottom of the IDE, so you can have access to the search and replace dialog and to the search list results at the same time.

Update as usual. Jungle Lite and demo will get an update soon too.Jungle Lite has been updated too.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#2]
Mate can you make it open all the experted source files, I tried opening .as files to change the window size and had to open it in notpad++ ..

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#3]
The latest version seems to force the XNA target to copy all the assets to the from your .data folder to the build folder on each compile (before it would do this only if any files have changed)

Compiled my game in Monk and TED took 3 seconds
in the latest JungleIDE it takes 20 secs

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
CyBeRGotH: Jungle Ide does nothing special, as all compilation is performed by Trans. Have you set the Monkey path to the new updated location? Jungle is not compiling, Jungle is just calling trans in the same way Ted does.

rebelas(Posted 2012) [#5]
Not using project, but using single files, Jungle IDE doesn't keep track of directories properly.

Put a single monkey file in an empty folder. Make a copy of the folder and rename it. Open the first folder and double click the file to open. Close Jungle IDE. Go to the second folder. Open the file by double clicking. Now in Jungle IDE, try to open folder by clicking related menu command. You see you are in first directory, not the second one!! The correct way is that open folder command opens the folder that a file has been opened in.

I have even realized that Jungle IDE runs the old compiled program, rather than the new one!

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#6]
Yup everything is updated, I will try rebooting my PC later and see if that helps in some way, its almost as if the files are stored in a temp folder then moved, it didnt happen in the previous version(s) but i have not tried XNA in a few weeks so it could be something strange thats changed.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#7]
@rebelas: I can't replicate this here. I'm 99.9999% sure you clicked or opened the first file instead of the second one. This, or I'm missing an important weird step somewhere... ?

My process:
1.- I create a new Monkey document on an empty folder
2.- I go to windows explorer and make a copy of this folder (including the monkey file)
4.- I open the first folder from windows explorer and double click the file so it opens on Jungle Ide.
5.- I close Jungle Ide
6.- I go to the second folder and open the file by clicking it
7.- Now, I open the folder (Ctrl+E) and I see the correct folder is shown.
8.- I build it as expected.

It works. By the way, Jungle Ide does not keep track of folders in any way, it just open files and that's it. So it's almost impossible that this bug culd ever exist unless I'm missing something... ?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#8]
@CyBeRGoth: I've just checked that Jungle Ide does avoid copying again files that are up to dato on XNA, the same as when using Ted or Monk, so probably it was just Jungle first compilation or Jungle was not pointed to use latest Monkey trans compiler (check it on preferences / Monkey )

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#9]
Very strange, if i click in the Output console and clear the output, it speeds up the time it takes to compile by about 9 seconds.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#10]
@Cybergoth: Found it and fixed it.

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#11]
Sweet, must be something very obscure.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#12]
must be something very obscure.
Well.. sort of, it was really just a couple of minor things one regarding IDE refreshing too much and the other regarding a mutex where it was not required. It's a lot faster now.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#13]
Ziggy any progress on that template idea I threw at you ?

rebelas(Posted 2012) [#14]
ziggy,

Instead of using Ctrl+E, use menu's File->Open Document... , it opens the first folder.

It seems your code for the menu item Open Document... in File menu is incorrect since Ctrl+E works correctly. Key sequence for opening document on the menu is Ctrl+Shift+O.

Does Ctrl+Shift+O has a different meaning than Ctrl+E ?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#15]
The "Open document" dialog default shown folder is exactly the folder that was used last time the dialog was use to actually load something. This is automatically handled by the OS and it is the expected behavior, as it can default to the user default dev folder, wich is a nice idea and this is something I won't be changing.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#16]
@Taiphoz: Wich templates? html generation templates or source code templates? (both are in the todo list by now, but hopefully I'll get there soon).

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#17]
New Jungle Ide update available.
This is a small stability update. This is the change log:

Jungle Ide 12.06.17-A
• Added several optimizations on connections pipe read/write and flush operations. This has a deep impact on compile time for targets with very verbose compilation output

• Added a way to associate additional file extensions to the Jungle Ide available parsers. This will allow you to associate a given file extension to any of the Jungle Ide text formats. As instance, the extension "level" could be associated to the XML parser if it is internally a XML document.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide display the contents of the standard error pipe on the Jungle Ide console, when a debug session was active.

• Tweaked a bit the "about" dialog, in order to reflect latest Jungle Ide logo changes.

Update as usual. You can expect a very good improvement on compilation time on very verbose targets such as XNA.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#18]
Compiles a lot quicker now on XNA :).

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#19]
Back to excellent again hehe, compiles in 2-3 seconds :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#20]
Hi, another update:
Jungle Ide 12.06.23-A

• Improved overloading support in the internal Monkey parser. Now all overloads for functions, properties and methods are shown on the Parameter Hint pop-ups.

• Added support for Try / Catch blocks

• Update the Background compiler to be compatible with Monkey v60

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when showing a members class list

• Fixed an issue on the Jungle lexical parser that was making the Document parser show some weird error messages on local variables definitions that had a very specific declaration structure

• Improved data type inference calculation.

Update as always. Jungle Lite and Demo will be updated too soon

EDIT: I've just noticed I've missed syntax highlighting for the "Throw" keyword. It'll be added on the next release. It's only a small cosmetic thing.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#21]
Ziggy,

Jungle is such a great tool for Monkey. I purchased it early and I appreciate the continued quick updates.

Thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#22]
Thanks! I'm doing my best to keep it side-by-side with new Monkey updates, in a way that any new feature in Monkey is supported on Jungle Ide almost at the same time. I hope to be needing much more updates in less time soon, as this would mean that Monkey is being improved at this speed too.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#23]
The improved overloading is kinda cool, I'm glad it doesn't switch the tooltip when manually changing the overload for reference purposes now. However, I wonder how hard it would be to implement it such that the tooltip changes when the number of arguments exceeds the existing overload? This is what VS does and it's actually really helpful if you're already in the middle of typing out arguments to a long function and forget the order of the arguments.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#24]
@Nobuyuki: I'll be looking at it soon. I'm a bit focused on some internal optimizations for the next release, but I'll be looking at this soon.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#25]
I've just released a new version, this time only for Jungle Lite + Demo. This new version puts the Jungle Lite edition in-pair with the current Jungle Ide version, and adds some internal optimizations that will also be available no next Jungle Ide pro update (when they're test a bit more, in some days time). More info to come soon.
If you're using Jungle Ide DEMO or lite version, just go to Help / Check for updates in order to update your Jungle ide DEMO or Lite edition.

Raz(Posted 2012) [#26]
Not sure if this is considered a bug, but I happen to use CATCH as a Const, which Jungle IDE doesn't like (but Trans is fine with).

Raz(Posted 2012) [#27]
Also, how easy would it be to make it so the position in the split view window changes as you add/remove lines in the other view?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#28]
@Razz: Jungle Ide gives prirority to reserved words over regular identifiers. Catch is a reserved word and cannot be used for conts. The fact that the compiler does not fail on "catch" is more or less a side effect. Try to make a function called Catch and see it for yourself... So I do not see a bug on Jungle Ide, but rather a bug in the compiler by letting you declare a const called CATCH.--> No bug in the compiler. Trans complains abut this too.

EDIT:
which Jungle IDE doesn't like (but Trans is fine with).
Trans does not like it. It produces the bug: Expecting identifier. (as expected). If it is not failing is becouse you're not using latest Monkey version or you're not refering to the const in your code, as it get ignored by the unused code removal of the Trans compiler

Also, how easy would it be to make it so the position in the split view window changes as you add/remove lines in the other view?
It would be very complicated. I'll take a proper look in the future, but I don't see it as an easy addition.

Raz(Posted 2012) [#29]
Sorry Ziggy, my bad I thought I had upgraded my main PC but clearly I haven't.

As for the split view stuff, I use it quite a lot, but that's the first time where I've been editing the same file where the part I am referencing is below the editing section. So, don't worry about it!

SweCoder(Posted 2012) [#30]
Tried jungle-ide on my computer at the office today and I was super impressed. What an awesome IDE. The code completion is Godsent for a newcomer like me, and actually helps me understand Diddy some more.

While I wish there was a native Mac-version, I can always run it on Parallels.. even made me consider installing Windows on a VM on my MBA, but Win8 requires at least 25 Gb of my oh so precious 128 Gb of hard drive space on the MBA :P

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#31]
SweCoder: Thanks for the possitive feedback!
A new upadte is available for Jungle Ide Pro users:
Jungle Ide 12.07.04-A

EDIT: This version has been replaced by 12.07.04-B due to a small compatibility bug soled.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#32]
The new version is giving me "Parameter is not valid" and crashing if I create a new solution. I can't send its error report because it completely locks up. Opening a solution just gives me the "Parameter is not valid" message box and doesn't crash.

Crash Image: http://dump.nrgs.org/monkey/Jungle%20Crash.png

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#33]
Can't replicate it here... Weird... mmm... Anything I should be aware of? Anyone else? Can you copy&paste the error information?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#34]
@Goodlookingguy: When exactly did it crashed and, the parameter is not valid" box when opening a solution, doesn't it have any additional information or produce a complete call stack information?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#35]
It crashes after you click finish and if I'm quick enough to click "OK" will bring up the call stack window, otherwise I'll miss it. However, I took it into VS2012 and copied the stack trace from its crash. I believe it's the same thing that your error reporting shows.

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
Message=Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
Source=System.Windows.Forms
StackTrace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at QWhale.Editor.TextSource.TextSource.BackgroundThread.Execute(ThreadProcsEventArgs action)
at QWhale.Editor.TextSource.TextSource.BackgroundThread.Resume()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#36]
Can you extend the "inner exception" bit and send it by email? It would be very helpful!

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#37]
I sent an e-mail of the error report data. I was finally quick enough to copy it.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#38]
Can you tell me wich are your braces matching options? I think it may be related

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#39]
"Box"

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#40]
I've just commit a roll-back. Anyonbe having this issues can update again to get latest stable release until I find this (I'm sure small) bug Goodlookingguy is experiencing. To rollback, just check for updates and it'll get latest stable release.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#41]
Ok, another version, this is the changelog:
Jungle Ide 12.07.04-B
• Added highlighting for the new Throw keyword.

• Fixed a bug that could cause an exception due a sync mismatch from the two Standard error and Standard input pipes, on a debug session.

• Double-clicking on an error line on the connections output window was not bringing the error location on scope. This has been re-fixed on current version.

• Implemented a very noticeable optimization on class inheritance solving routines.

• Optimized text rendering speed. It's the fastest Jungle Ide version to date on both Lexed mode, and standard mode.

• Internal Jungle persistence system has been updated and it brings a nice speed improvement on internal usage of settings all over the IDE.

• Fixed an issue that could make any unmatched compilation cluster to generate never-ending messages on the Jungle Ide console window.

• Removed the setting that allows a "force sync" between the text renderer and the Monkey language parser. Current version is a lot faster and syncing is always on, as it reduces flickering.

• Removed the experimental text formatter because it was too buggy to be considered in production.

• Added a new text formatter.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide overwrite a character at the right of a completed area of text, when the completion was performed in the middle of pre-existing code.

• Fixed some typos on the IDE, thanks to the collaboration of some Jungle Ide users.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the autoformating was finding an unclosed string literal in the source code.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash very rarely when opening or creating a solution

• Fixed an issue in the auto formatter that was making parameters list on constructors, to be formatted as delegates lists instead of expressions.

siread(Posted 2012) [#42]
Just noticed that when I do a Select/Case and put a <tab> after Case x the tab is removed and replaced with a <space> when I press return. Can I stop it doing this? I like tabs so I can keep the text aligned when the case goes from single digits to double digits. :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#43]
@siread: Latest version integrates a text formatter that ensure all text in all documents have the same spacing style. this also can convert datatype shortcuts to literal symbols, fixes spacing on expressions, etc. But if you have a custom coding style that you want to keep (like writing TABs on select statements) you should disable this setting on the Monkey page of the Jungle Ide settings. Just uncheck the "Enable source code formatting" and you should be ok.

Winter Wolves(Posted 2012) [#44]
I'm interested in buying it but have a question about Fontmachine: I checked the demo and saw that the font are rendered as single texture for each letter. Is it a good practice? isn't better to pack the font image in a bigger texture rather than having lots of smaller files? I mean from technical point of view when loading them from HTML5 or mobile devices ? thanks

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#45]
it gives you a choice when you render it.you can either have single images or a couple of larger ones . eg 512x512 and other sizes.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#46]
Yes, it's optional on the editor. It can pack the font on a single texture or leave it unpacked.

Winter Wolves(Posted 2012) [#47]
Cool, thanks for the answer :) Will probably buy it soon then.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2012) [#48]
I can't say I'm very mature reporting this, buuuut. You've got a small typo on a tooltip that's been 'buging' me for weeks :D

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#49]
Thanks! I'm not native English so it happens to me a lot. If you see any typo, please, tell me I'll hapilly fix it.

AndroidAndy(Posted 2012) [#50]
@Nobuyuki - ROLF! All in good fun, but good seriously good catch!

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#51]
Ziggy,

I used BLIde extensively over the weekend for the first time in a long time. After using Jungle I am really spoiled. The speed of Jungle is so much better than BLide. I really love Jungle. Keep up the good work.

It would be nice to have a Max plugin so that I could use Jungle for all of my Blitz needs.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#52]
@Why0Why: I'm working on lots fo improvements for BLIde that should give a nice speed improvement soon. I'm in the process of porting the whole BLIde ide to .net 4.0 taking advantage of paralelizing tasks, among other additional optimizations that are not possible on .net 2.0

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#53]
+1 for a jungle max plugin thing to let me use jungle with max.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#54]
I won't be maintaing BLIde + Jungle + a Max Jungle plugin. It's too much work, and they're internaly too incompatible to be any sort of easy transition. If I get the time to finish the SDK for Jungle someone else could write it (the SDK development has been stoped becouse of other workload, but I may work on it again in the future)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#55]
well yeah that makes sense I guess, I would buy blide but I really dont spend enough time working in max to make it worth while any more.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#56]
Hey Ziggy, when was the last time BLide was updated? Do you foresee more updates to it?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#57]
It was 3 days ago. I commited a version with some internal optimizations and also with a new setting that allows the temp forlder to be modified for people with SSD. But there has been at last one update per month, some months two of them. Most of them have been related to stability and optimization, as now I'm in the process of porting the whole thing to .net 4.0

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#58]
Thanks, just curious. I am going to buy it too tomorrow.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#59]
A new version has been release. This is the changelog:
Jungle Ide 12.07.24-A

• Fixed some small formatting issues with numeric expressions in the new Text Formatter.

• Fixed a small typo on the connection window

• Fixed some issues with the parsing of the + and - unary operators on Monkey source code parser.

• Fixed Generic recognition on the internal Text Formatter. How I wish Monkey did not use < and > for generics...

• Fixed an issue that could make a Automatic update process fail when the download folder was not in the same drive as Jungle Ide.

• Fixed an issue an issue that could cause the source code formatter to convert a <> operator to separated < > tokens, when a complex expression involved generics was evaluated.

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide delete a file if it was renamed on the solution explorer with an empty new name and all warnings were ignored

• Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the autolist was requested

• Added several new color definitions by dmaz

Update as usual, Jungle Lite and demo will be updated soon too

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#60]
A new update is schedulled for the end of the week. This is just to let people know I'm back from vacatinos and working on supporting latest Monkey additions into the Monkey background compiler. This update will include Jungle Ide, Jungle Lite and Demo.

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#61]
Oh you was on vacation i didn't know :). Thanks for the update!

Volker(Posted 2012) [#62]
How do I get rid of the window "modules update available"?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#63]
what do you mean? Maybe disabling the check for updates at startup or actualy updating your modules?

Volker(Posted 2012) [#64]
The window that there are update for modules available. I get this everytime I start Jungle Ide. Found nothing in the settings to disable.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#65]
And after seeing this message, don't you get a window with a list of updatable modules? You should see one giving you the option to update them. I'll take a look but, can you go to Tools / Update and repair modules and tell me what dialog is shown and how?

dmaz(Posted 2012) [#66]
ziggy, can you add a shortcut key to toggle "Show function and method parameter hints"... I'm finding that when I'm changing code they really get in the way because I want to move the cursor up and down. actually it would probably be better if they were shown at all unless you start changing the line.

BigAnd(Posted 2012) [#67]
Can I second dmaz request please ziggy. I have them turned off at the moment for this reason and its a shame because it's a really useful function of Jungle.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#68]
@dmaz: I'm improving parameter hint pop-up functionality for the next release in order to make it less intrusive. I'll disable it auto popping up on typical cursor keys such as up, down, left, right, page up, page down, etc. And I'll add a shortcut key to force it showing, just in case. I recall it was F2 in BLIde so I might use the same shortcut key. (I'm also working on shortcut keys customization but it'll take longer)

Volker(Posted 2012) [#69]
And after seeing this message, don't you get a window with a list of updatable modules? You should see one giving you the option to update them.

Yes, I get this message. I choose yes, uncheck the modules, because I don't want to update, click Done. The next start, the window is there again. But I see, when I disable "Check for updates at startup", its gone.
Then I've to manually check for Jungle IDE updates, but that doesn't really matter.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#70]
@Volker: I'll add a sort of ignore-list soon for people not willing to update a certain module

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#71]
Jungle Ide update is available

This new version uses the new documentation system available on latest Monkey version in a contextual way. Press F1 on any command to see its documentation page. It also brings some improvevements and fixes and it does update the internal encoding selector. This version does not use ANSI encoding any more. It uses pure ASCII when possible or, otherwise, it uses UTF-8. That's what latest Trans version is expecting from source code and it also keeps backwards compatibility. Updating is highly recommended.

Changelog in details:

Jungle Ide 12.09.08-A

• Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when a code completion hint pop-up was requested on an unknown method or function.

• Fixed a potential Out Of Memory problem that could raise when loading ultra large solutions or a very large number of docs at once.

• Fixed some spacing calculation on the source code auto-format algorithm

• Ditched ANSI support in favor of pure ASCII and UTF-8 as those are the two standards supported by latest Trans versions

• Optimized memory management on solutions load/save operations making the whole process a bit faster.

• Added a setting that allows Jungle IDE to use new Monkey docs when available, otherwise it'll show remote online documentation

• Enabled context sensitive help provider (latest Monkey version required for this setting to work)

• Modified the parameter hint pop-up in a way that it is a lot less intrusive as it does not show while navigating source code, but only when mouse is clicked or source is being modified.

• Added case correction for reserved words to the source code auto-format algorithm

• Updated the Monkey Background Compiler to be compatible with Trans 1.40

Updating is highly recommended as it includes some text formating improvements that grant compatibility with latest Trans version.

Jungle LITE and Demo will be updated later today. Stay tuned...They have been already updated.

BigAnd(Posted 2012) [#72]
Nice one Ziggy. Very much appreciated.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#73]
How problematic would be to break backwards compatibility with Jungle Ide 12.02.X versions? (that is versions from February 2012 and older). I could make the whole thing a bit more source control friendly but at the cost of breaking backwards compatibility with old versions.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#74]
There's a bug in Jungle IDE I think. I've had it crash on me twice now with an error I can't send a report on or even elaborate on because of how little information the system is giving me. I would like to note that these crashes have occurred on two different versions of Jungle IDE being 12.07.24-A and 12.09.08-A. It crashes when I start moving up lines by placing my cursor somewhere and typing extremely fast.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#75]
@Goodlookinguy: Can you please go to Preferences / Monkey and once there, disable the "Multithread monkey parser" and tell me if it makes any difference? (just trying to locate the issue).
If you don't mind, I would preffer to discuss this on the bug reports forum of the jungleide site here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=33/jungle-ide-group4/bug-reports-forum7

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#76]
I'm not on my main computer and don't have my password for Jungle IDEs site, that's why I posted this here.

I'll tell you if it crashes. The problem is that the crash is super rare. The last crash was during the Ludum Dare August 24th - 27th.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#77]
The problem is that the crash is super rare
That's what made me thought it could be caused by some thread synchro issue. I'll take a look but more information would be great

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#78]
Jungle Ide Update.
This is a small update that brings compatibility with latest Monkey language changes. Updating is highly recommended if you're using latest awesome Monkey v65

This is the small (but not easy) changelog:
Jungle Ide 12.09.18-A

• Modified the JiProj file format in a way that it does not require the OriginalDiskLocation parameter any more. It may make this documents a bit more SVN friendly

• Help engine updated to be compatible with latest Monkey version

• Implemented the 1.41 iteration of the Trans compiler into the junglembc compiler so it properly report errors for latest Monkey version

Update as usual. (Help / Check for updates)

andrew_r(Posted 2012) [#79]
Thanks for addressing my svn issue. I really appreciate it. :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#80]
@andrew_r: thanks to you for making a good suggestion. Jungle Ide is now a bit better (and I hope to make it better and better and better... hehe)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#81]
Ok, following some requests, I'm developing two new additions to Jungle Ide:

1.- Better support for dark color schemes due to an option variation of the Jungle Ide "skin"
See a screenshot here: IMAGE

2.- A way to detach an edit window and allow to resize it even getting the full screen, so you can concentrate on code and nothing more than code when doing something important.
See a screenshot here: IMAGE

Hope to have this in a stable production-ready mode soon.

TheRedFox(Posted 2012) [#82]
Oh yeah! Awesome. It love it already :-)

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#83]
ziggy, your screen shot URLs are swapped. :-D

Other than that, cool.

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#84]
Ziggy - Here is a Debug Report

I have two projects in one solution. And when I switch start file for one project it compiles both projects, even the "secondary" one. I get two outputs in the console and everything, I can find no way of making it go back to normal.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#85]
@Tibit: This is not a bug. This is how jungle ide works. Let me explain:

F5.- Build ALL projects on the solution

F6.- Build current project

F5 always build all the project in a solution, F6 build only current project.

Additionally, you can always set one of the projects to "bypass" so it gets ignored when you press F5 in your solution.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#86]
I'm adding a new feature for the next Jungle Version that allows you to set "Build all solution" to a way that only main project is built when you press F5. I think this should be the defauly behavior on the next version, as it seems to be the most usual scenario. Everybody agrees?

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#87]
Ah ok, sound great.

I'm used to:
F5 - Build & Run
F6 - Build

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#88]
Hello,

We're been having some issues with emails being sent from the jungleide.com website. More infor here: http://www.jungleide.com/?p=719

All in all, if you've been sending emails to us, from the site (contact form) or similar, and you have a gmail or hotmail (or the like) account, it's possible that we had never get your email. We've already fixed it, but it is important for us to let you know.

Also, if you try to contact us from a blacklisted server, your emails can be rejected from our system.

Also, I've added a comparison table between Ted and Jungle Ide in the Jungle Ide site, here: http://www.jungleide.com/?p=732 Do you think I'm leaving anything important?

EDIT: Topic continued here: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=3714

If any moderator can close this forum thread...