Canvas randomly failing?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Canvas randomly failing?

socks(Posted 2012) [#1]
I started on a new project and when I couldn't get anything onscreen, I returned to run an older project to make sure things were working. They weren't at first, but I eventually realised I had to stop/restart the monkey server to get things to work for the old project, but even then, the new project wouldn't run.

Then, the old project stopped working, at least I stopped getting anything in the canvas, though the html was displaying.

idk, maybe it's something silly. I have lots of tabs open in Chrome and I don't want to restart the whole system unless I have some reason to believe it would help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
quick checks:
- does it work on other targets
- does it work when you reload the page (image loading latency)
- does it work without images

skid(Posted 2012) [#3]
did you forget to call SetUpdate...

socks(Posted 2012) [#4]
I am calling SetUpdateRate

I have no experience with other targets, but I'll give it a shot.

Reloading the page doesn't seem to help with the new project. The old project is working at the moment, so I can't test there.

I can't get text to draw either, so no, it's not working without images.

Also, I just tried it in FIreFox and it doesn't work there either. Firebug isn't reporting any errors.

I guess I'll try another target and get back...\

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#5]
make sure that mojo in "Import mojo" is all in small letters( non capital).

socks(Posted 2012) [#6]
It is.

New symptom: mserver_macos quit unexpectedly.

I forgot, I'm running an old version of monkey... I guess I just need to get the new version and restart everything.

socks(Posted 2012) [#7]
ok, loaded v58 (up from 46), but it didn't help.

well, I thought it didn't help, but I had misclicked on a different old version and wasted another hour?!?!?!?!?!

I had almost forgotten what a serious bug was. I remember when every programming session seemed to be like this.

socks(Posted 2012) [#8]
wow, just wow,

reversal...

new file works, old file doesn't... hopefully that doesn't matter since I think I have a copy of the old file and may never need to update it.