Is anyone else using and loving the stdcpp target?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Is anyone else using and loving the stdcpp target?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm very surprised how useful the stdcpp target is for non game oriented quick developments. I haven't used a more rapid tool for console application devs in lots of time, with the flexibility and all the possibilities of monkey, and being native. I was wondering if anybody else is using it, and why it does not have a section of its own here. I think it is a great target for its purposes such as the trans compiler, or any other console-like or even server application.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#2]
I am using it when unit testing non-graphical code. It's quick and doesn't need to open windows and such... Really handy.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#3]
I use HTML5 for all testing as its fastest, and has a nice 'console'
using Monkey->C++ for a webserver sounds interesting.

It would be handy for those command line utilities that need to accept arguments.(I dont make any of those however)

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#4]
One of the things I love about Monkey is being able to run quickly in HTML 5. It is my goto test bed.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#5]
Can't say I've used the stdcpp target yet. Like slenkar and WhyOWhy I have found HTLM5 to be invaluable for quick compiling times and ease of debugging.

jpoag(Posted 2012) [#6]
lol, I use stdcpp for the same reasons as ziggy and weibow: Unit testing and command line utilities. Mix with batch files and continuous integration and the amount of work you're doing 'manually' takes a nose-dive.

I make changes to the source, commit to Source Control and my build server automatically picks up the changes. It performs regression testing and packaging for multiple platforms. Then I continue working while the menial tasks are accomplished by the build server.