Amazon in-app purchases module

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Amazon in-app purchases module

Aman(Posted 2012) [#1]
Amazon announced in-app purchases yesterday and I am creating a module to support it. However, some lines has to be added to AndroidManafist.xml and a .jar library file has to be added as well.

Is it a good idea to modify android target so that it takes care of these changes based on some conditions or is it better to create a new target?

example:
Adding these lines to Monkey\src\trans\targets\android.monkey
If Env.Get( "USES_AMAZON_PURCHASES" )="true"
	CopyFile "amazon/in-app-purchasing-1.0.3.jar","lib/in-app-purchasing-1.0.3.jar"
	DeleteFile "AndroidManifest.xml"
	CopyFile "amazon/AndroidManifest.xml","AndroidManifest.xml"
Endif
DeleteDir "amazon"

Is this an ideal soltuion?

I am asking this because I use my android builds in multiple app stores and keeping up with the changes required by each one of them started to get into my nerves.

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#2]
We're yet to find out all the hassle with android stores, but what you say sounds like a good solution. For iOS I just modified the target source files, but that is just one app store.

Aman(Posted 2012) [#3]
The problem is that I will have to do this with every monkey update. I plan to create a module to support Google's in app purchases as well. This means some changes to AndroidManifest. admob module also require making some changes to AndroidManifest in addition to adding a .jar file to the lib folder. I think we need an easier way to allow module make some changes to AndroidManifest.

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#4]
I'm looking to add in-app purchases to a game. Since I plan to release on Android and iOS, is there one library that is cross platform? Or will I need to support two methods? No biggies either way, just would like to know where/how to get started... :-)