MonkeyPro56 now available...

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonkeyPro56 now available...

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

[edit]56b now up - little fix for monk not taking you to the correct line when there's a compile error[/edit]

This version includes a fix for using Monkey with Xcode 4.3.1. Older versions of Monkey were unable to find/launch the simulator which has moved in Xcode 4.3.1.

Note that after upgrading to Xcode 4.3.1 you will also have to execute this from the terminal:

sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app

This tells the xcodebuild tool used by Monkey where the new version of xcode is located.

There's also a similar fix for BlitzMax now available from blitzbasic.com which you'll need to use if you want to rebuild trans etc with Xcode 4.3.1.

hardcoal(Posted 2012) [#2]
goot

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
Can it be used with old XCode versions too?

Amon(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
is this needed or does it bring anything to windows or linux users ? just wondering if its worth taking the time to download.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hi,

> Can it be used with old XCode versions too?

Yes.

> is this needed or does it bring anything to windows or linux users ?

It's only needed if you've been having problems launching iOS simulator on xcode 4.3.1

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#7]
Awesome Mark, thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#8]
Anyone using Jungle should update to this latest version too, as version 55 has some issues providing compilation errors details. This issue is also affecting Monk on version 55, so:
is this needed or does it bring anything to windows or linux users ?
Yes. Upgrading is highly recommended.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#9]
Just upgraded to Mountain lion and XCode 4.5.2. I have installed the command line tools too. But I always get this error:

TRANS FAILED: Can't find dir:/Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/5.1

Thsi sudo command didn't help either:

sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app

Any tips?

GfK(Posted 2012) [#10]
Install the latest version of Monkey maybe?

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#11]
Everything on the latest. But funny, I just then opened the XCode project manually and let it run from Xcode. After that Trans could find the simulator too. Go figure. :-)

GfK(Posted 2012) [#12]
Just seemed a bit odd that you've posted in a thread about a version that's a year out of date, is all.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#13]
Was a mistake. I was searching for a solution and found this topic.