How can we (are we allowed) to rebuild targets?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/How can we (are we allowed) to rebuild targets?

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#1]
There's a problem with ios.monkey target for XCode 4.3 in that it looks for the simulator in the wrong place. I want to change this and rebuild it but I get errors about no Main() (It' snot an app).

Is it actually allowed to rebuild these targets and if so, how can we. NOTE: I'm on OSX of course.

Cheers
Aaron

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#2]
I don't think you need to rebuild it as such -- just make your changes and they should be picked up next time you rebuild any app that uses ios.monkey.

At least, that works when I've been adding Print statements for bug-hunting!

skid(Posted 2012) [#3]
If you have BlitzMax just use the rebuildall.bmx script in the root src folder.

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks guys. I think I do have to rebuild trans, because if I just change ios.monkey it does nothing. I have the simulator auto running now, but unfortunately I can't find a way to pass the APP to it to run automatically.

Simon, I think because I installed XCode 4.3, some of the basic runtime libraries are no longer there, so I can't rebuild monk etc because I get the error

ld: library not found for -lcrt1.o

In fact, if I can fix this problem I can add a few features to monk that I'd like too.

Aaron

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
You can compile trans using Monkey itself, open up the trans.monkey file from src\trans and compile against the STDCPP target.

Once you have your exe or app rename and copy to the bin folder - done! :)

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#6]

I think I do have to rebuild trans

I think I was thinking about fiddling with mojo, where you don't need to rebuild anything, rather than trans, where of course you do -- sorry!

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#7]
Cool guys, thanks. Got it working. Now if. Can work out how to get crt1o.lib on iOS I can enhance Monk!