MonkeyPro55 now available... [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonkeyPro55 now available... [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

Version 55 is now up!

This includes a fix for a C++ incremental GC bug involving empty arrays and more tweaks/fixes to reflection.

I've also added a 'recursive?' param to the ClassInfo methods GetConsts, GetFields etc. to indicate whether you want *all* decls (including inherited decls) or just those declared in the class. Set this to 'False' to get current behavior.

Modules:

reflection - added recursive? flag to ClassInfo methods GetConst(s), GetGlobal(s), GetField(s), GetMethod(s) and GetFunction(s).

android mojo - setEGLContextClientVersion now uses reflection for backward compatibility with the elderly Android set.

cpp monkey.lang - optimized empty arrays.

cpp monkey.lang - fixed incremental GC bug with empty arrays.

Trans (v1.31):

Removed yucky gc_iptr interface pointer container.

Fixed bug with reflection and multi-dimensional arrays.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Cool!

Any chance of adding a preloader for Flash in the future?

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=2406

And this also looks like a nice idea for Flash:

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=2442

Samah(Posted 2012) [#3]
I've also added a 'recursive?' param to the ClassInfo methods GetConsts, GetFields etc. to indicate whether you want *all* decls (including inherited decls) or just those declared in the class. Set this to 'False' to get current behavior.

Excellent work!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#4]

Any chance of adding a preloader for Flash in the future?

So i take it the OnLoading() method of App doesn't do this? In my mind, adding this capability to Flash and HTML5 would be cleaner.

Michael(Posted 2012) [#5]
> adding this capability to Flash and HTML5 would be cleaner.

Agreed - HTML5 needs this capability too.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#6]
So i take it the OnLoading() method of App doesn't do this?

Nope, your browser needs to download the entire swf before it even gets to OnLoading...

With HTML5 your resources are separate from your js file so OnLoading may help there.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#7]

Nope, your browser needs to download the entire swf before it even gets to OnLoading...

I thought swf was progressive, therefore it would be possible for trans.exe to execute the OnLoading() stuff first. (I haven't looked at output code for it so I'm speculating).

therevills(Posted 2012) [#8]
Okay, I'm not sure... but I know that OnLoading doesnt work with Flash, I had code in there for Pirate Solitaire and its over 4MB is size and nothing happens until the app is totally loaded.

The preloader adds another file which is downloaded first and displays whilst the main app is downloaded.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#9]
Oh, this sounds like a really nice update. Thanks Mark!

Karja(Posted 2012) [#10]
Thanks for the update!

One of these days I'm going to have to look at what one can do with all this fancy new-fangled reflection. I spend too much time working on my little game, and too little on keeping up with new additions. :)

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#11]
If you don't need it now, then you don't miss anything.