user input routines?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/user input routines?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
anyone done anything with this ? what I am talking about is allowing a user to enter a name & password, possible some other info.

I would love a method for dealing with this that works on all platforms, if possible.

So whats the best way, create a little keyboard pop up, do the xbox style letter grid and selection cursor or do something to handle typing into a keyboard.

tips pls :)

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#2]
I would use the built in keyboards for android and iphone and create your own custom keyboard for the other targets. The ones with touch capability can be done ala iphone and other targets could use the mouse/letter grid selection.

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#3]
There's a simple input box in the AngelFont bananas example.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yeah I am using Anglefont for the project, while I am here actually, is there a way to scale up a font?

I tried just shoving a Scale 2,2 in front of my drawtexts but the fonts then did not show up.

Had a look at the drawtext functions and noted there was no overloading for adding scale, might be something to think about adding ?

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#5]
Its not too hard to code your own. That's what we have done for our games. Also it allows you to style it suit your own game.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
The third sample on the fontmachine module also does provide a sort of input routine. Just in case if helps

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#7]
Just writing my own Apple inspired keyboard class, so that I can make it functional on all targets and allow me to skin it.

My code's never pretty I tend to just do what works, but if it's functional I and people want it I might put the source up.