MonKonfig - Targets Configuration App

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonKonfig - Targets Configuration App

Amon(Posted 2012) [#1]
Greetings! My App MonKonfig is in Beta. I am posting to let you guys know about it.

MonKonfig allows you to easily configure the CONFIG.TXT files in your Targets folders. Editing manually can be a pain especially when changing projects and this is where MonKonfig comes in to play.

Beta Demo Downloads for Mac, Windows, Linux can be found at the links below.

All targets are implemented except for stdcpp atm. In these beta demo's you can only export and select from html5 and flash.

Screenies and download links below:

http://www.amon.co/plugins/download_manager/getfile.php?categoryid=10&p5005_sectionid=3&p5005_fileid=2&p5005_versionid=2

I'd like feedback on how it handles, what you would like to see added on for each target and generally what you would be willing to pay for it. :)

Also, any bugs will be noted and fixed!

Thanks for reading!

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hi Amon,

This is a pretty decent idea, it would be nice to have this functionality in Monk (or JundgleIDE).

Now onto MonKonfig:

* You can export an empty config file
* It would be nice to be able to load a config file (as when you quit MonKonfig it reverts back to the default values)
* Since Mark added the option to "code" these into your Monkey files I can't see myself using this - sorry :)

Amon(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hi therevills,

Thanks for testing.

* You can export an empty config file

Will fix that in next update.

* It would be nice to load a config file up after (as when you quit MonKonfig it reverts back to the default values)

This feature is already in the full version. :)

* Since Mark added the option to "code" these into your Monkey files I can't see myself using this - sorry :)

No need to apologise to me dude. You've nothing to be sorry about. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

fsoft(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hi Amon,

pretty nice app. Just two things for the Linux version:

1 - You should pack the file inside a .tar.bz2 archive being sure your program has the 'x' permission flag set to be able to run it.

2 - I have a custom compiled trans_linux that allows me to access many more targets than "HTML5" and "Flash". I think you should read the output of "trans_linux" to know which targets to show.

Anyway, I think it is a good idea!

Amon(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hi! I've updated the links above to point to MonKonfig with the additional export Targets. Still quite a bit to do though before it's fully ready.

http://www.amon.co/plugins/download_manager/getfile.php?categoryid=10&p5005_sectionid=3&p5005_fileid=2&p5005_versionid=2