Weekend Code Out!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Weekend Code Out!

skid(Posted 2012) [#1]
Anyone going all out on their monkey projects this weekend?

I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew but I have started a 3D engine for Monkey.

I have also promised my Steam stub users some Mac support which could easily be classed as Monkey work also, in the longer term...

Oh, and Mark said he might be doing another release today, so hanging out for that...

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Well not hard out anymore now I'm a dad of a Toddler, but I'm trying to get my Monkey game framework together so I can start on my next project.

skid(Posted 2012) [#3]
Oh yes, expect erratic productivity now you're a Dad, congrats BTW!

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks!
Yeah productivity dropped to almost nil when he came along but I forced myself to get TrapIt out. In about 3 weeks #2 is coming so I want to get as much of my framework sorted as possible :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
Skid Yeah I am, probably wont sleep tonight at all I still have a ton of mini milestones I wana meet on my project.

Tonight I wana get the Mini Boss, and Main level Boss in the game along with their move pattern and bullet patterns.

Should take me most of the night lots of tweaking and still some art to fiddle with, tomorrow I have a Dev Diary to make for this week, and then start actually fleshing out the alien waves, and paths for the first level.

I want to by the end of the weekend have a fully complete first level of my game, with 3 mini boss fights and an end of level boss fight.

If your gona be on all weekend. check out..

irc.Afternet.org and the channel #ludumdare which is where iv been hangin out, Im probably the only monkey coder in there but peeps are mostly friendly, and some really good developers in there working on some really cool projects.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#6]
Im doing a bit of work on my unit testing module, incorporating reflection to make test setup really easy. If your method has a name ending with 'Test' then it is added to the list and run. It's working already, but the reflection filter is giving me some headaches.

Foppy(Posted 2012) [#7]
I am adding a "tree" class to my Wizard Battle 2 game to add some plant life. The trees should be depth sorted along with the creatures in the game, so they should be in the same list. To be able to do this I added a parent class "entity". Creatures and (soon) trees are both expanded from entity, so I can make a list of depth sorted entities containing both creatures and trees!

bruZard(Posted 2012) [#8]
I am porting Trans finaly to Amiga ... in the best case you can write Monkey programs for Amiga directly on a Amiga. Maybe i can create a plugin for Cubic (http://devplex.awardspace.biz) to support a cool IDE.

JIM(Posted 2012) [#9]
I started working on a 3D engine too (based on GLES 2.0). The whole purpose is to keep it as lightweight as possible. If I need extra stuff, I'll just implement it game-specific, not in the core of the engine.

I was too freaked out by the complexity of the engine we use at Gameloft and I'm not letting mine get there :))

So far I have basic scene manager working with helper classes for meshes, textures, shaders, materials, uniforms. I'm hoping I have some proper models exported from 3d studio max into the engine by monday...

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#10]
had a vacation, furious project deadline in next two days, then will continue with minib3d's port of triangle collision routines and b3d bone animation.

skid(Posted 2012) [#11]
Mark's original C++ code?

I'm doing the same, have decided to pass all vector and matrix arguments as plain float arrays.

Also, I'm doing a a wireframe renderer that just uses mojo DrawLine to try and keep my entity stuff separate from any target specific stuff.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#12]
yes, mark's original C++ code. so yeah, i had to weed through all the bmx glue code and convert it all to monkey.
i'm folding and condensing the c++ routines into tcoltree and tcollision, since the minib3d interface keeps most of the routines behind the scenes.

i kept matrix and vectors in their own classes. i don't like the line, box classes, but keeping them until at least i can get the collisions working.

i'm not planning on doing anything unique with minib3d as once the code is released, people can modify it as they please. i did optimize it a bit, especially sprites since the firepaint3d demo was slow on android, but with batch sprites finally pumped the particles over 100.

taumel(Posted 2012) [#13]
Finished a little monkey game i did for a friend's birthday, which was today, this morning. Actually it's the second time i did this and it's quite fun doing such more personal games.