Language Keywords & Monkey Language Reference

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Language Keywords & Monkey Language Reference

DrT(Posted 2012) [#1]
1) Is the list of language keywords in the Monkey Language Reference (with the exception of Final) up to date?

2) The reference mentions that "The Module, Interface, Implements, Inline and Array are not currently used". I know this out of date because Interface and Implements are mentioned later in the manual. Are Module, Inline or Array being used? If so, does anyone have an example of their usage?

3) What is the difference between Include and Import?

hardcoal(Posted 2012) [#2]
monkey is more for blitzmax users. other should break there teeths sorry.

I dont know exactly the diffrence betwin import and include

but i know Import reads from the modules folder and should be always on top of your app.

Currect me if im wrong someone.
I left monkey for a while in favor of learning blitzmax well first.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#3]
This reference is up to date:
http://blitz-wiki.appspot.com/Language_reference
But monkey is always evolving.

That part is just for reserved keywords, I wouldn't go off that as what has been implemented-- but yes, the docs may need to be revised in that one part.

Don't use Include, use Import for everything. Import will also handle circular references.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#4]
I've just taken Interface and Implements out of that reference, thanks for pointing that out.

Monkey doesn't feature Include as far as I'm aware. I think the fact that the IDE highlights it is just something that's stayed around from MaxIDE, or an early assumption that it would be part of the language.

DrT(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks to all for answering my questions.
Also, thank you AdamRedwoods for providing a link to the wiki page. I didn't know it existed.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#6]
Also, thank you AdamRedwoods for providing a link to the wiki page. I didn't know it existed.

It was recently added with the last version of Monkey... maybe it would be good it there was a link on this site somewhere...

DrT(Posted 2012) [#7]
I just saw it on the main page under Monkey News. Maybe it should be added to the navigation bar.

Aman(Posted 2012) [#8]
I do not use include, Import works for both modules and your local files.

@hardcoal I never used blitzmax. The first time I heard of blitzmax was in this forum. I was looking for a cross platform tool and Monkey was perfect for me. I am thinking about giving blitzmax a try after how much I hear about it here.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#9]
I have been a Max user for years. I bought Monkey and Jungle to play with. I really love Max though and after some time with Monkey, I am going back to Max for now. I am still keeping up here and I will probably start using Monkey again in the future when it has been around a bit longer. There are so many cool extensions and projects going on right now that it will be amazing when it has had more time to mature.