MonkeyPro53 now available! [Monkey News]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonkeyPro53 now available! [Monkey News]

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

MonkeyPro53 is now available, featuring a brand new wiki-based doc system!

You can select also select 'offline docs' within IDE options if for some reason you don't have online access.

Docs are also currently viewable here: http://blitz-wiki.appspot.com

Monk:

Now uses new wiki-docs!

Modules:

map - Added 'Add' method - like 'Set' but wont modify map if key already exists.

map - Modified 'Set' to return bool result.

xna mojo - Fixed auto controller detection.

opengl - Fixed non-multiple-of-4-length DataBuffers crashing on html5.

Targets:

mojo - loadString now uses java's String( byte[] ) ctor.

hardcoal(Posted 2012) [#2]
great i love updates

Samah(Posted 2012) [#3]

Can you give us a way of converting an Int[] array to a String without looping on String.FromChar?

therevills(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for the update :)

Now uses new wiki-docs!

Are you going open this up for users to add/modify?

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hi,

> Can you give us a way of converting an Int[] array to a String without looping on String.FromChar?

Yes, I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

> Are you going open this up for users to add/modify?

No, but I do plan on expanding the editorial team.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#6]
The wiki appears to be stripping out single '<' and '>' characters and text enclosed in them.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#7]
Hi,

> The wiki appears to be stripping out single '<' and '>' characters and text enclosed in them.

Which page?

Can you edit the wiki?!?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#8]
I haven't tried editing it. I'm just going by the section on generics and the documentation for Map.Compare, which both look angled bracket free.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#9]
Hi,

Oops! Fixing...

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#10]
Great update Mark!

Is there an easy way to add my own module docs like a 3rd party section or something?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#11]
Mark about the wiki , can you not open it for us all to add stuff and then. Have your team audit it, that way we can help but nothing we do shows up till one of your team oks it. The wiki will grow a lot faster.

Also would love it if you let us know if we can copy the new version over the old without losing our config settings, that's kinda annoying update and then half my targets don't show up cos my paths are all different,

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#12]
really odd problem when I put in this version, into a new location, I right clicked a source file, open with and pointed it at the new exe , but this failed.

About 30 minutes later, I have cleared my reg of all references to monk.exe and .monkey I have used windows 7 systems to change file associations and when I try and link the .monky extension with monk.exe it simply will not work.

the really odd thing is that if I rename monk.exe to monk_ide.exe which I have now done, the OS then see's it and I can link the extension to the exe.

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#13]
You made a typo on one of the tutorials
Function Main()
    Print "Hello"
End

Should be...
Function Main()
    Print "Hello World!"
End

hehehe. Great to see the docs have been moved to a wiki! I never really got on with the other docs!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#14]
Yeah.. wiki is a brilliant idea just wish they would open it for all registered users to help with, under an approval system of course.

Would help the docs really fill out quickly. and give examples for more commands which a lot of people like me really need to fully understand how some commands work.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#15]
I posted some documentation to WikiBooks under Monkey. Feel free to use or edit it.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monkey

therevills(Posted 2012) [#16]
Hey Mark, I can't see this change in the files:

I can only see a change in the gxtkAlert for mojo.android.java ...

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#17]
Hello Mark, did this version also address the memory issue with Android 4? I know you posted a work around for it, but I was wondering if it was fix was implemented in this version.

Cheers.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#18]
did this version also address the memory issue with Android 4?

Comparing the Monkey versions, it looks like this was fixed in v52f (well its commented out ;))

You do know you can view the Mojo code don't you? I normally have mutiple versions of Monkey installed and thanks to the magic of KDiff you can compare folders, so you can see whats been changed very quickly :)

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#19]
Hi Therevills, yes I knew we could look at mojo but I haven't downloaded the latest version yet, and don't change every time a new version comes out. I tend to keep to stable version until there is a feature / bug fix I need in a newer version. Ideally bug fixes should be mentioned in the above post so we don't need to do a comparison of source code :) Its just a suggestion for us lazy folks who don't dip into the mojo code.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#20]
Ideally bug fixes should be mentioned in the above post

Yeah I agree, I do check the VERSIONS.TXT too - maybe v52 got out of hand (a-f)...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#21]
I would never complain about updates, even small bug fix's I would rather mark keep active on the development and release patchs and fixs as he does, like Uncle says its down the to user to update when they feel the need.

I for one like to keep things as upto date as possible.