Targets Missing.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Targets Missing.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hay all first post, all excited after just forking out the cash to get this, and while looking at some of the example code I noticed that some of the targets are missing when I hit build and run.

Notably Flash, iOS does Monk check the code and only list the build options that are compatible or am I missing files or doing something wrong.?

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
You need to set up your config.winnt.txt file in the bin folder.

Have a read of the Getting Started doc that is included with Monkey.

(BTW are you running on a Mac or Windows PC?)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
lol just all excited and kinda rushed in trying to build to diff targets to see it work didnt even see a readme file :)

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hey welcome Taiphoz, nice to see you here! :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yeah took me a while what with all the life stuff eating into the money I had put away for it, but eventually things went my way :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
oh this is horrible, got decent amount of stuff to download, and my net connection has died, getting 45k PER SEC. TOTAL.....

Gona need to phone the ISP and have a moan, always something waiting in the dark to creep up and ruin your day when your about to have fun.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#7]
Time Elapsed 00:00:10.62
TRANS Failed to execute 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug;Platform="win32" MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1

Process Complete

Framework 4 is installed, any ideas why GLFW would not build ? or execute I should say ..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
this was building the Line vs Circle collision example.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#9]
GLFW require Visual C++ 2010 Express, wich is free from Microsoft. If you're in a Mac, I think it requires you to install XCode from your Mac OS setup disk.

You can find the download here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/aa570309

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#10]
Also thought I would try loading the output into Visual c++ express to see if it compiles the output and I get list of file not found errors this being one of them.

1> stb_image.c
1>e:\code\monkeypro\monkeypro51\bananas\richard_betson\line_v_circle_collision\line_v_circle_collision.build\glfw\stb\stb_image.c(182): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory

BUT, the file is there, at the exact path shown in the debug window, so I'm confused as to why Vc++ cant see the file when it is there.

Sorry not a c++ wizard and its been years since I last used it so if this turns out to be some really dumb thing then sorry, but would love some help here cos its confusing me.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#11]
Can you post the entire Monkey output? Wrap it in a code block [ codebox ] [/ codebox ] without spaces.

When I compile the Line Vs Circle I get the following output:

And it runs fine :)

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#12]
Are you sure you have the right version of Visual C++ Express edition from Microsoft. Also, if you just installed it, you may need to reboot, as it places some env variables. Otherwise, it should work "out of the box".
It wouldn't hurt to take a look to your config.winnt file inside your Monkey installation, to ensure there is not anything wrong in the Monkey config.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#13]
Also Monkies output shows this.

e:\code\monkeypro\monkeypro51\bananas\richard_betson\line_v_circle_collision\line_v_circle_collision.build\glfw\glfw\lib\internal.h(58): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory

And Again, those files are there, in the correct place I'v checked.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#14]

Sorry for the delay ther missed your reply .

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#15]
Have you tried deleting your Build folder? If you're upgraded Monkey to a newer version, this can be needed. Just go to your application folder, and delete the build folder, so it is generated again by the trans tool.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#16]
Yeah I tried that.

Thats a screen shot of my DIR path, just in case folders are in the wrong place.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#17]
OH and just in case it helps, my trans winnt config path for glfw is

'--------------------
'MSBUILD path.
'
'Must be set for XNA and GLFW target support.
'
MSBUILD_PATH="${WINDIR}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe"
'--------------------

and that path is correct as well.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#18]
As a side not to this, do I need to download an OpenGL sdk or an OpenAL sdk ?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#19]
Update :-
I can Compile and run to Flash, Html5 and XNA, Installing the android sdk stuff at the moment and dont have an mac so ignoring ios for the time being.

I dont get why XNA compiles and runs in that little window and GLFW does not.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#20]
Have you tried rebooting?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#21]
HAHAH Just built my first game which I wrote with the demo for XNA, fixed the screen res and just looking at it in a wee window is soo cool.. makes me feel a little better.

And yeah m8 I am about to reboot now and test that I just need to wait until this Android stuff finishes downloading and its taking forever cos my net connection which should be 50 meg a sec, is currently only about 100k a sec.

Once I reboot I will post again and let you know if it worked or not.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#22]
Restart didnt help. :(

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#23]
But have you tried deleting the glfw build folder?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#24]
Yeah a few times now.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#25]
Where are all the monkey GODS when you need them.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#26]
The two .h files it's complaining about should be in your VC++ includes folder (not the GLFW build folder), like this:

[C:\Program Files]\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdlib.h
[C:\Program Files]\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h

Do they exist on your setup?

Looking at this page for the error code you get, it certainly seems like a file/path problem on the VC++ side.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#27]
After installing VC++ Express if that file is supposed to be in there, why would it not be, its not like I went in and deleted it, have I missed a download ? or where can I get that file.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#28]
DruggedBunny thanks m8, it seems that my install of VC++ Express is missing a ton of these std header files.

Is there anywhere I could download them as a zip, or do I need to create them from scratch which will take a while :/

bruZard(Posted 2012) [#29]
have you installed OpenAL? > http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#30]
This has to be wrong, I am litrally, hitting compile, checking what file its looking for then searching the net for the source and creating the file manually then repeating ..

I could be here forever I must be doing something wrong or other people that installed VC++ Express would have had to solve this, but I dont see any posts about it, so what the hell did I do wrong.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#31]

my install of VC++ Express is missing a ton of these std header files.

I believe they're part of the standard installation -- I certainly didn't have to install anything extra. Might be worth running the installer again... perhaps the dodgy web connection had something to do with it, though you'd think the installer would complain!

If all else fails, you can get the full ISO version here to install from CD:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express-iso [700 MB]

Though I realise that's not the ideal option for you right now...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#32]
Just spent an hour on the phone with my ISP I have an enginear coming out on Friday, fkn Friday.. yeah like I dont mind mind not being online for more than 3 hours a day never mind 48, I think I might go into an addict rage and rob some banks or something.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#33]
I got it finally to work. what a nightmare that was, all I can think is that when I installed VC Express weeks ago something went wrong and not all the files were installed.

I went to uninstall it and thought I would give the repair/reinstall option a try and it seems to have worked.

thanks to everyone above who took the time to offer suggestions. I have the main targets I want all working now, only one left to try and sort out is Android, but I think I will leave that until my net connection gets fixed.

thanks again all.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#34]
Glad you got it going, but you'd be right to leave Android until your connection's back. It's quite a hefty install.