Experimental update V52(C) now available!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental update V52(C) now available!

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

[edit] V52(d) now up! [/edit]

Experimental update MonkeyPro V52(c) is now up!

opengl.gles20 module added! See bananas/mak/gles20cube sample...

Most config vars renamed! This is the main reason this is V52c and not V53...I didn't want people to get use to one set of vars, and then have them change next version.

I've done this because it's now possible to set config vars in Monkey code, eg:

#MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED="true" 'note: must be quote enclosed!

This means config vars are much more 'global', so I've munged them a bit to prevent collisions and to make it clearer what they affect. See below for a list of config vars.

Notes:

* If a config var already exists, any attempt to modify it will be silently ignored.

* You can't override TARGET, HOST, CONFIG, LANG - ie: these are set before code is translated.

* Config vars you pass via trans are set BEFORE monkey source is translated - ie: Monkey code can't modify them.

* The vars in .build/target/CONFIG.TXT files are are set AFTER monkey source is translated - ie: these are defaults.

* This does potentially introduce subtle 'cyclic' issues that may mean order of import becomes important. However, in the vast majority of cases this wont be in issue - and it's just too useful not to add.

This means that the gles20 module, for example, can have...

#OPENGL_GLES20_ENABLED="true"
#OPENGL_DEPTH_BUFFER_ENABLED="true"

...at the top, and you can use GL2.0 without having to mess with CONFIG.TXT files at all.

Changes...

Modules

opengl - added GLES2.0!

android - monkey.lang now uses System.out.println for 'Print' and Mojo redirects stdout to android Log.

android mojo.graphics - added auto padding for simple single frame images to prevent crud on right/bottom side.

opengl - added fallbacks to extensions for VBOs and compressed textures to gles11.glfw.cpp.

opengl - fixed gles11 glNormalPointer wrapper.

Trans (1.29)

Added the ability to set config vars in preprocessor land.

Converted html5 makemeta.cpp to James' version.

Full list of config vars:

Amon(Posted 2012) [#2]
Juicy!! :) Thanks!

therevills(Posted 2012) [#3]
Looks great!

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hi,

> Looks great!

How's diddy handling it?

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
We've tested the GUI example on HTML5, Flash and GLFW (Windows) and it works fine.

xzess(Posted 2012) [#6]
awesome update!

Darky(Posted 2012) [#7]
YEAH ! Monkey will be from update to update better and better :) im comes normally from purebasic... from the time i purchased monkey - im just love it !

Question :
Are the 3D Module ( MonkeyGLES 2 ) Free for livetime or just free at test period ?

greetz from Germany
Darky

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#8]
Holy moly Good stuff! nice update :D

Can we also get a:
IOS_MULTITOUCH_ENABLED:Bool=true

As running in single touch mode (for probably a large majority of games) is more efficient and drains less battery.