Is there anything I'm missing by still using v42?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Is there anything I'm missing by still using v42?

matty(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello all,

I mainly develop for flash and android and have been using v42 (can't remember whether a/b/c revision) with no problems, and the feature set seems complete enough for me to use with no reason ..yet.. to update to the latest monkey version.

Are there any features that have been added since then that you would consider "must have"? (I don't care too much about adding the experimental 3d stuff I've seen here since a) it doesn't look ready yet and b) I don't have the resources to make use of 3d environments currently.)

As said - I'm using it with no problems, games run well with no apparent monkey-bugs, most features I need are supported and those that aren't have been added with java code (many thanks to therevills and others on these forums).

If I were to update to the latest monkey version would I need to update the android sdk as well (I seem to recall reading something about that a few releases ago)? (Would rather not do another 600+MB download if can avoid it...chews up previous bandwidth at work - especially if there is little to be gained (for me))

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Well if its working for you don't worry about it, but I think you are missing out on quite a few Android improvements - it is a lot faster now (v51).

Heres a list of the improvements/changes for Flash and Android since v43:

* Android mojo now requires GL1.1
* Implemented VBOs in android mojo
* mojo.graphics - Tweaks all round, and fix for android 16bit 1555 fmt textures.
* monkey.math - Added 'radian' versions of trig functions, named Sinr, Cosr etc. See docs.
* monkey.lang - fixed String.Split with "" separator on C++, C#, Java.
* mojo.input - Added EnableKeyboard, DisableKeyboard for SIMPLE virtual keyboard support on iOS and Android ONLY.
* flash mojo - fixed bug with 'dark' line/oval/poly rendering.
* glfw/android mojo - Improved consistency of LoadString/LoadState/SaveState.
* flash mojo - fixed alpha bug introduced by fix for dark rendering.
* android mojo - added touch event opts as suggested by Samah.
* android mojo - fixed soft keyboard not appearing in landscape mode (hopefully!) and predictive/multichar text entry. Still something up with backspace on my LG though...

Also something to think about, is that if something does break and you post of here most people will have updated and will not be able to help you.

Dabz(Posted 2012) [#3]
Is LoadString still playing silly buggers in Flash?

Dabz