Diddy: LaunchBrowser (way to get round blockers?)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Diddy: LaunchBrowser (way to get round blockers?)

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi, so I'm using LaunchBrowser from Diddy but Firefox shows that popup blocker thing at the top. I've seen other people get round this before. Any ideas how to do it? Thx.

Samah(Posted 2011) [#2]
Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of a popup blocker?

Amon(Posted 2011) [#3]
It does defeat the purpose of a popup blocker but it doesn't stop people trying to defeat the purpose of a popup blocker. :)

Like Mr Grey Game Making Machine I myself have seen when no popup blocker anywhere on tinternet can stop a popup.

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#4]
Maybe popup blocker appears because Launch Browser is trying to open a new tab instead of redirecting to a new site entirely?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#5]
If you can point us to a site which does it, we'll have a quick look see at their javascript ;)

The issue with LaunchBrowser for HTML5 is that it uses window.open(url) and FF blocks that action if it isnt within an on click event (ie the user wanted it!).

therevills(Posted 2011) [#6]
@GA, you can test that by altering the native diddy.html5.js file:

diddy.launchBrowser=function(address)
{
	window.open(address,'_self');
}

<edit>
Yep this works...
</edit>

<edit2>
Changed LaunchBrowser to accept a new parameter: openNewWindow which defaults to True, set this to False if you want to open the new URL on the current page (for HTML5 and Flash only).
</edit2>

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#7]
really? Cool!! I shall edit my game forthwith. Thanks.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#8]
Or maybe I'll wait for you to update with that tweak. How often do you put a new version online?

therevills(Posted 2012) [#9]
The code has already been committed to the SVN r325:

http://code.google.com/p/diddy/source/detail?r=325

So you can get it now :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#10]
Ah cool. How often do you add to an official build for people who don't grab updates via SVN?

therevills(Posted 2012) [#11]
The zip file is for lazy people! Go install Tortoise svn! ;)

Normally we update the zip:
* When we think about it...
* When we can be bothered to do it...
* When people ask for it ;)

r325.zip is ready to be downloaded :P

http://code.google.com/p/diddy/downloads/detail?name=diddy-r325.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#12]
lol, I just realized I could use your GoggleCode-Svn instead of downloading the zip, I had missed that!

therevills(Posted 2012) [#13]
We do have a wiki page showing how to install Diddy which explains how to download Diddy either from the zip or SVN:

http://code.google.com/p/diddy/wiki/HowToInstall

:)

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#14]
The zip file is for lazy people! Go install Tortoise svn! ;)
I prefer the term "efficient" ;-p

r325.zip is ready to be downloaded :P
You sir, are too kind! Many thanks!

Dabz(Posted 2012) [#15]
I prefer the svn myself, quick check out, jobs a good'un! :)

Dabz