Interactive Web part

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Interactive Web part

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi there,

I've been asked to make an interactive portion of a web site, and I am thinking of using Monkey to create it, but I need some things cleared up before I proceed.
This interactive web part is a configurator for scooter bikes. The idea is that the user can choose colors and options for the bike to get an idea of the look and then use this configuration in his order.
So the web part will need some kind of GUI (I can make this) but I also need to get the configuration from the web part (this can be a simple string where each character represents a color or option) into an email or text file.
This is the most tricky part, I think.

Has anyone here attempted such a thing? Or is there a feature in flash or html5 which I can abuse so I can export something from the Monkey program?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2011) [#2]
Doesn't Diddy have a 'send email' function?

Aman(Posted 2011) [#3]
You can either use diddy's LaunchEmail command or use mnet module to and send the result to a data base

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#4]
It turns out that the Diddy 'LaunchEmail' command requires an email client on the server, which is something I am not sure will be allowed or possible.

The tread on mnet looks promising. I will see how far I can take that.

I might come to the conclusion that Monkey is not up for it and move to native solutions (java script, php, etc) although it will increase my learning curve.

Thanks for the tips!