App not updated when compiling?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/App not updated when compiling?

Yoda(Posted 2011) [#1]
I compile and run a program, then make changes in the code and compile and run again, but the result is still the old version - as I can easily see because I remarked some drawimage commands and they still get drawn.

Is there something I have to do to tell the html5 target that a new version is used?
Is that an issue of browser cache?

Yoda(Posted 2011) [#2]
It is! Found it. Have to click reload in the browser. That is nasty!

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#3]
yea as I’ve said before on the forum.
this can be really frustrating for beginners.
I’m only using GLFW target in debug mode
while working.. just to be sure it really compiles…

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#4]
which os and browser are you both using?

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#5]
I use chrome and also tried on explorer

benmc(Posted 2011) [#6]
I test in Flash a lot in Firefox. After testing, I kill the tab so the next build is always fresh.

Even in this scenario however, I found that the temporary folder used somewhere stays the same, or maybe it's a cookie, but whatever it is, some of my state changes don't go away on each build, and I'm not sure where that temporary data is so I can delete it for a fresh Flash build.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#7]
I use chrome and also tried on explorer

try firefox and see if it works

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hi,

Doesn't happen here on Chrome or FF on Windows or Mac.

Are you using mserver? What is it reporting each time you run the app?

Here's what I get when I run the 'bouncyaliens' sample twice...

MServer active and listening on port 50607
1> HTTP Server active and listening on port 49310
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/MonkeyGame.html (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/main.js (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/mojo_font.png (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/alien1.png (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/alien2.png (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/favicon.ico (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/MonkeyGame.html (304 Not Modified)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/main.js (200 OK)
1:1> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/mojo_font.png (200 OK)
1:2> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/alien1.png (200 OK)
1:3> GET C:/monkeydev/bananas/mak/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.build/html5/data/alien2.png (200 OK)