project-based configuration

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/project-based configuration

jameschu(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all:

I would like to know if it's possible to do project-based configuration(such as app name, version number, package name, etc). All i can see is a target based configuration. It is really annoying....

james

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2011) [#2]
There has been a bunch of discussion about this sort of thing in this thread http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1324

In short, as of right now there is no way to do this, aside from hardcoding the target to meet the needs of a single project.

FlameDuck(Posted 2011) [#3]
Use Maven. A Monkey plug-in is under development.

jameschu(Posted 2011) [#4]
@Goodlookinguy: thanks for the info.

@FlameDuck: maven seems too heavy for me. All i need is a handy config during development (maybe just use monkey filename as app name). Are you using maven to manage "target" configuration?

James

FlameDuck(Posted 2011) [#5]
@jameshu: A few more things than that. At the moment I'm mostly using it for simple stuff (things it does out-of-the-box) like resource filtering (for instance replacing occurrences of {$project.version} with the actual project version), dealing with the Android manifest and making sure only the "right" resources get copied (for instance only the graphics for the HTML5 version get included in the HTML5 distribution). But without the monkey plug-in doing mvn clean install first, and then having to run monkey on the target folder is kind of a pain in the ass.

Hoping to get some free time this weekend to play around with it more. :)