Some questions in general

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Some questions in general

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello everybody,

I am very new to Monkey, and, after done several tests and read a lot of topic here, I have some questions :)

XNA Target :

That's work but I don't understand what my user needs to be able to launch my xna demos ?

I have a friend, I send him my .exe build with monkey XNA Target. He installed the xna redist. 4 but the program crashes on his PC and not on mine...There is something else he needs to be able to launch it ?

Android Target :

When I build something with Monkey and the Android Target, the final apk is always named "debug" as the same as I don't tick the "debug" option in the ide. Why ?

In general :

I have read some topics about the display size, but I don't understand exactly what's the deal. For example, if I want to make a game for Androïd. There is a lot of different phone/Tablet with different resolution.

I've seen a topic with some codes, but don't know exactly what we can do to deal with that.

I would like to thank you for your future answer, and I would like to apologize for my english, it isn't my native langage.

Thank again :)

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
I havent really done much with the XNA Target so I can't help you there...

But with the Android don't worry about the file having "debug" in the name - it means that it is signed with the debug key. When you are ready for release, just rename it the apk and resign it.

Re: display size on Android, you will need to use a virtual resolution something like the included Auto-Fit demo by James Boyd.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#3]
DarkyCrystal,

I've tried to distribute a XNA game on a few machines and even had a couple of people try on their machines, but not once did it work. I tried the visual studio Click-Once publisher and that didn't work. I tried a few install creators (including Advanced Installer, which was great) but they didn't work!

I am yet to figure this out, but I will be going back to this problem at some point.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2011) [#4]
Ok thanks :)

I quote :

"it means that it is signed with the debug key. When you are ready for release, just rename it the apk and resign it."

Resign it ? how exactly ? Juste rename it, is not enough ?

For the auto fit demo I've seen it but have some difficulties to understand the deal in fact :( And, I wonder if an autofit doesn't get down the quality of the image sprite ?

Thank's again.

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#5]

Resign it ? how exactly ? Juste rename it, is not enough ?

http://www.indiecodez.com/forum/index.php/topic,109.0.html

Dabz

matty(Posted 2011) [#6]
Also - guide of how to deploy on Android with release key can also be found here on the Monkey forums:

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1014

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thank you guys :)