Single pixel (DrawPixel or Plot command)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Single pixel (DrawPixel or Plot command)

FBEpyon(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello All,

Is it possible to draw a single dot or pixel instead of using the DrawRect command and setting it to a x,y,1,1.. is there any external GL commands or anything I can use..?

William Mc.

Samah(Posted 2011) [#2]
Short answer - no.

Although it's possible in all platforms (I think), Mark hasn't implemented it. Probably something to do with poor performance in HTML5, even though using SetColor for images uses a quick and dirty pixel manipulation hack.

FBEpyon(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeh I was looking at the source, and thing, but I wasn't sure if there was a easy way to adding this function to Monkey, I know blitzmax has it and from what I could tell it was something to do with GLPoint or something..?

William Mc.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#4]
I use DrawOval or DrawRect:
DrawOval(x,y,1,1)
Probably not as fast as Plot would be but does the job.
I use it and it works pretty good.

that is what I do for the number in the balls and the white circles of the 8-Ball game.

FBEpyon(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yeah I understand that, but if you are trying to make a game like mine it would be cause major slow down issues.. I had posted a request about the Pixmap function and seems to work great, but being able to use the scale command on it doesn't seem to be very successful, if I could get that to work it would be the prefect thing for what I'm doing..

William Mc.