Using Box2D

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Using Box2D

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello everybody, I wonder if any good soul could create a basic tutorial of Box2D, because there is not so much information on the site of the creator or the module and converted to the monkey. Anyone?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2011) [#2]
Eh?

* The Box2D site hosts a manual that even has a section with a "Hello World" example.

* The MonkeyBox2D project includes a demo folder that contains examples of pretty much everything Box2D does.

* If you just Google "box2d tutorial", you'll find dozens of tutorials across the web.

As OS projects go, box2d is among the best in terms of being documented and supplied with tutorials. There's very little difference between the Monkey port and the other versions, particularly its direct Flash parent, so there's nothing stopping you using all the resources out there.

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks for the tips! But would not a specific tutorial for the monkey?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2011) [#4]
The monkeybox2d page has instructions on how to install the module and run the demo. As I said, that demo folder contains examples of most of what you need, all written in Monkey. Beyond that there's a whole world of tutorials written for box2d in general.

I'm not saying that a step-by-step monkey-specific tutorial wouldn't be nice, but the situation is far from the "not so much information" that you wrote.

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks friend ! I will try to read the examples and create some basic stuff. Box2D is very nice and I want o learn it!