Ludum Dare 21

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ludum Dare 21

invaderJim(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey all! Just wanted to let you guys know I plan on using Monkey for my Ludum Dare entry this time around and wanted to see if anyone else was considering doing the same.

If you don't know what Ludum Dare is, well HERE: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ Basically, it's a competition to create a game from scratch in 48 hours. The prize is your finished product.

It's getting a lot of exposure this time, because Notch (Minecraft creator) is putting his hat in the ring. Should be fun! Hopefully I'm not the only Monkeycoder doing this.

I'll post up a timelapse when I'm done.

Ok, talk to you later, friends.

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#2]
This sounds fun, I just signed up... lets see if i can do this, 7 hours to kick off.

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#3]
Can you make it 20 years? its the best I can handle

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#4]
This will be my first, if wife and kids don't get in the way.

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#5]
ye,, those kids and wifes... :)

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#6]
Interesting...i wished i've seen this early. Lots of those "escape" type game entries...

Raz(Posted 2011) [#7]
I started this weekend thinking, yeah I'm gonna enter! Started watching a stream of someone developing a game and had the cricket on in the background. I quickly gave up!

Next time though...

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#8]
Lol, that one "Tale about Life" entry is hilarious :)!

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#9]
I got as far as coming up with a bunch of ideas, then my wife discovered moths and grubs in the pantry and so we spent the entire day cleaning it out, and then I had a party, and then I bought Monkey. So LD was a big fail for me :-)

taumel(Posted 2011) [#10]
It sounds after a lot of fun. Reading through it, i would love to take part in #23. But then again mostly real life kicks in as well. If i have some little spare time it's mostly eaten up by other things already. Also if you really dig into it, i could imagine feeling quite exhausted after the compo is over, so it needs more than the 48 hours but i guess that's what the jam is about.