Manual compiling with vc2010 express possible?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Manual compiling with vc2010 express possible?

Darky(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello ...

Im new to Monkey =) so first i say hello to all from community.

My question :

When i open my Application.sln thats created when i use compileroption GLFW and try to compile this in VC 2010 express it gives an error :

Unhandled exception at 0x775715ee in MonkeyGame.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000018.

When i compile my game with Monkey IDE it works without problems :-(

How do i use VC2010 to compile because i need some modifications in c:)

thanks - greetz darky

Darky(Posted 2011) [#2]
Ok i tryed again i can build solution in vc2010 express but while i cannot run debug ( f5 ) ?

Darky(Posted 2011) [#3]
No one got an idea how i can run my applications from vc2010 express ???

when i build solution it works but cannot run my solution created by monkey in the vc editor by just pressing F5 :(

clevijoki(Posted 2011) [#4]
I remember having this issue a while ago, but I can't seem to repro it, so something must have fixed it. It used to be the working directory was not setup properly in the debugger settings. Perhaps this was fixed in the glfw target, it may be forcing the working directory to the executable directory now.

Also you don't need to compile in vc++ to make any native modifications, you should look at how the native section works for modules, and just import the cpp files. You may need to compile them in vc++ if you want to debug easier however.

So you should make sure that you are using the latest version (V43). Find the latest version under your Account -> Product Updates section of the website.