Jungle Ide Update available

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jungle Ide Update available

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#1]
For newcomers, Jungle Ide is an advanced IDE (source code editor) for the Monkey programing language, for Windows. More info here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=4

A new update of Jungle Ide is available. This update supports latest changes introduced in Monkey Pro version v43.

This is the small changelog:

Jungle Ide 11.07.5-A

[*] Added a way to save/restore layouts per-solution.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the overloads for the "New" keyword to be lost on parameter change

[*] Fixed an issue that was showing private members of module classes from outside the defining modules

[*] Implemented support for the new ; separator introduced in latest Monkey trans compiler version

[*] Several stability fixes

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide consider files from outside the project as valid project nodes when they appeared in the project tree as disabled files

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the internal Monkey parser to fail when parsing some interface declarations

[*] Increased internal HTML browser security

[*] Implemented proper drag&drop support for files from windows to the IDE

To update Jungle Ide, just go to Help / Check for updates.

An update to the free Jungle Lite version will be available soon too.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nice - thanks Ziggy!

xzess(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks for Update!

Anyone having problems with the latest update?
Since i updated i have a mysterious crashing when i try to scroll in the explorer inside jungle.
Really strange and annoying.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#4]
@xzess: you mean in the html explorer window? can you provide some feedback about the crash or anything in the jungleide website, if you see any isse again?

Samah(Posted 2011) [#5]
Fixed an issue that was showing private members of module classes from outside the defining modules

I love you. :)

Now can you fix up autocompletion for generic types? It keeps trying to replace E with Enumerator. >_<

xzess(Posted 2011) [#6]
hi Ziggy,
no it was in the file explorer, but im very sure now that it was not jungle, i reinstalled jungle, restarted and now everything normal again. maybe it was something with the jungle update installation.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#7]
Another Jungle ide update available:

Jungle Ide 11.07.17-A

[*] Improved the way intelliprompt keeps working on malformed documents.

[*] Added a new icon to differentiate Properties from regular Methods in the intellimprompt autolists

[*] Intellimprompt autolists now display a single member for properties getters and setters

[*] Added toolbars for most common tasks to make Jungle Ide more confortable to people with repetitive strain injury. Less clicks is more fun.

[*] Added an option to customize the autocompletion code blocks end identifiers. You can now choose to use "End, End If, Endif, Next, End While, etc. for each code block

[*] Improved the serialization of solution layouts. Now documents position and multi-document views are serialized and deserialized with the solution layout

[*] Several small stability fixes while editing source code

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide Monkey intelliprompt to ignore sub modules imported as relative imports from other modules when the import chain was too deep in the modules folders.

[*] Improved monkey module's database generation to ignore any invalid folder name in the process of building the database.

[*] New application icon and logo, based on the king of the Jungle

This update is also available to all Jungle Lite and Demo users.

AndyGFX(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks.

But my problem with delay, when I swich between source tabs, still. :(
Now I have delay about 2 sec., same delay i have when method/function tip is showed. Delay is independent on sources count in solution.

Andy.

EDIT: I found where is problem. When i use my module localy with solution, IDE works smooth, when i make copy/move my module to monkey folder, then i have delay !!!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#9]
I'm invesstigating this and provide a fix ASAP. I think I have an idea where the bottleneck is.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#10]
A stability fix is available to Jungle Ide users. (Lite users will get the update soon too).
This is the change log:

Jungle Ide 11.07.19-A

[*] Modified internally the imports structure solver algorithm with a new algorithm that brings a very nice speed improvement, and reduces drastically any edit delay on very big solutions. (Thanks to AnyGFX for helping me with this one)

[*] Fixed an issue that was providing false "ignored folder" warnings when the modules database was being refreshed

[*] Added a proper icon to JiProj files

[*] Added a matching banana icon for monkey files

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#11]
where did the line numbers had gone?

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#12]
@hardcoal: Nowhere. Be sure to have enabled the option "Editor / Display line numbers" in the Jungle Ide preferences. They're there.

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#13]
After the updates they were gone .
I was looking for this but couldnt find it so i thought maybe its an error.
all is fine now tnx

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#14]
Just a small update available.
Jungle Ide 11.07.23-B

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Monkey source code files to not self-reference by default which was adding some undesired behavior on intelliprompt

[*] Added support for the comment-based "summary" keyword.
Place:
'summary: Description
before any identifier declaration and see this description in the intelliprompt popups.

[*] Added a menu option to open the monkey config file in the IDE.

[*] Modified the look of the Jungle ITC to make it more modern and less verbose during setup of updates.

[*] Modified the look and feel of the preferences dialog and made all checkboxes auto-size to the preference text contents to avoid the preferences getting modified by mistake when clicking on the dialog empty space.

[*] Version B: Removed a debug message from some parameter hint popups.

[*] Version B: Added a WndMsg check to the monkey module database window to prevent this window enter in "non responding" mode when the monkey modules database was too complex.

Jungle Lite and demo will be updated too soon.

EDITED: Version "B" released with some very cosmetic additions.

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#15]
Thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#16]
I'm working on a documentation generator for Monkey modules. It works more or less like the makemods for BlitzMax, but it produces (IMHO) nicer output and has support for several bcodes and it is integrated in the IDE.

A snapshot here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=33/jungle-ide-group4/general-discussion-forum5/im-working-on-a-doc-generator-for-modules-first-screenshot-thread154

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#17]
Nice!

AndyGFX(Posted 2011) [#18]
Superb

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#19]

I'm working on a documentation generator for Monkey modules. It works more or less like the makemods for BlitzMax, but it produces (IMHO) nicer output and has support for several bcodes and it is integrated in the IDE.

Are you kidding Ziggy? This is awesome! Honestly, i would not be coding in monkey or bmax if it not for your IDE's. Great work. Hope you release this soon.

Skn3(Posted 2011) [#20]
Documentation system = mega pwn! well done sir :D

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#21]
Great work. Hope you release this soon.
I'm betatesting it, but haven't found a bug in the whole day, so I supose it'll be out very very soon. This will be available to the lite version too.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#22]
Update available:
Jungle Ide 11.08.3-A

[*] Added a function to open the monkey configuration file directly from the IDE.

[*] Added a complete documentation builder system

[*] Fixed a small stability issue that could make Jungle Ide crash in very rare situations

[*] Added a context help system that shows generated documentation when F1 is pressed. If no documentation is found, Jungle will try to find official documentation instead.

[*] Added Jungle Ide documentation in the IDE. Still lots of it is being written, but it'll be finished very soon.

[*] Added a pre-calculated optimization for the internal Monkey scope builder, in the Jungle IDE AST system. This makes the IDE faster.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#23]
There's also a fontmachine module update available (just in case) http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1171

Hotshot(Posted 2011) [#24]
Jungle IDE is so much better than Monkey IDE!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#25]
A small update available:

Jungle Ide 11.08.7-A

[*] Added a proper icon to the Jungle Ide help button in the browser window.

[*] Added documentation on how to use the built-in HTML documentation generator

[*] Fixed an stability issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a Find and Replace operation

Lite version will be updated too in some days time.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#26]
Jungle is great. Have to say though, I don't like the new lion icon. Much preferred the old one.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#27]
thanks, you know I always appreciate all kind of feedback, I love the lion :D It's been designed by serserodriguez ( http://www.serserodriguez.com ) wich is a very wellknown and reputated designer here in Spain. (the previous icon was made by him too).

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#28]
Thanks for this new update. The doc system is really nice! And I kinda like the lion, but preferred the old icon as well. =]

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#29]
Another small one:

Jungle Ide 11.08.08-A (Quick fix)

[*] Added a way to automatically (and optionally) send bug reports when an unhandled exception happens on Jungle Ide.

[*] Fixed a stability issue that could cause some parsing problems on documents with chained multiline comments

[*] Fixed a stability issue that could make the HTML documentation generator ignore some classes after the header keyword

[*] Added a "not valid for commercial development" message in the main window tittle of Jungle Lite (Jungle IDE does not have this, obviously)

pinete(Posted 2011) [#30]
Thanks!

pinete(Posted 2011) [#31]
Sorry for this silly question but..
how can I do Jungle Ide open the previous documents before close??
I've been looking for it unsucessfully... :P

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#32]
You mean restore latest opened docs? There's not such option. there's an option to reload latest solution, and there's a menu entry in the file menu with latest opened files, but not an option to reload non project files that where opened just before closing. Maybe I should add this?

c.k.(Posted 2011) [#33]
Yes, please add it. I'd definitely like the "Open Last Open Documents" feature.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#34]
Ok. Please, in the future, any feature request, ig you could be so kind to make it in the Jungle Ide forums. That's where I look at to organize my workflow. Here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=33/jungle-ide-group4/feature-requests-forum6

pinete(Posted 2011) [#35]
yeah! completely, add it if you can, it would be more than appreciated as it's a very useful option so far. :)
thanks a lot!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#36]
Ok, another update. this one fixes some small stability issue.
Jungle Ide 11.08.11-A

[*] Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a dot was entered as the first character of a line in the Monkey source code editor.

[*] Fixed: When a document was being saved on a read-only location, Jungle Ide could crash with an unhandled exception.

[*] Fixed: Several disk operations were not secure when working on a network share or on removable devices. Some additional checks have been added to minimize any possible streaming failures.

[*] Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a missing file was referenced in the database, and the user performed a Jump to Definition.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the editor window caret to disappear after an html browser was closed, and the browser control had focus, and the user was using IE9.

[*] Improved the local shortcuts tree functionality. Empty nodes (functions, classes, interfaces, etc.) are not shown.

[*] Improved the local shorts tree look. This component will show some information when there are not any documents loaded.

[*] Improved (speed wise) slightly the rendering of the panel buttons in the IDE.

[*] Several improvements on the Jungle Ide documentation.

Lite/demo version will be updated soon to this version too.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#37]
[edit] Never mind - found some stuff wrong with intellisense but I'll post it in the JungleIDE forums.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#38]
Small update available
Jungle Ide 11.08.19-A

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the intelliprompt fail to show child contents on complex objects chains when a child object was an array, and the object inheritance was complex.

[*] Improved database building time on computers with lots of modules

[*] Fixed an issue that could make the Local Shortcuts tree to not show the vertical and horizontal scrollbars after loading a large solution

[*] Fixed an isse that could make Jungle crash after adding a new project to a solution and hitting the "Compile" button

[*] Added content separator to the syntax renderer on advanced parsers. This can be turned off on the preferences dialog, on the "Editor" tab.

This update is available both to Jungle Ide users and to users of the free Jungle Lite IDE.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#39]
I like the new content separator - makes code a lot clearer! Could it be improved somehow to separate classes and not just methods? I often have a few classes in one file when they're related to each other.

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#40]
nice, thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#41]
Another stability update.

Jungle Ide 11.08.25-A (Quick fix)

[*] Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a build operation.

[*] Fixed a parsing problem with chained While code blocks on some parser configurations

[*] Fixed an issue that was not updating the caret position on a show-context-menu event in the editor window

[*] Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide when the "Show all files" was enabled in the solution explorer and a folder had been removed from the system, from outside Jungle Ide.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Clear All Bookmarks only clear bookmarks for the currently active document.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Find and Replace dialog to react on the ESC key, even when the dialog was docked.

[*] Jungle Ide now allows users to specify additional lines separation, measured in pixels, to improve source code readability.

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#42]
i love updates!!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#43]
Just a very small quickfix has been released
Jungle Ide 11.08.31-A (Quick fix)

[*] Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the console window was double clicked and the console was empty

[*] Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the highlighting color schema editor was open on a parser that do not support color schemas

[*] Fixed an issue that was clearing the text selection when the context menu was shown in the text editor

Jungle Lite will be updated soon too.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#44]
Just a small note of something I'm adding in the next version of Jungle Ide (to come in some days time) http://www.jungleide.com/?p=574

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#45]
Sounds great, ziggy. Keep it up.

Cartman(Posted 2011) [#46]
Very intriguing. Looking forward to trying it out. Keep up the good work.