Documenting Module Tutorial

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Documenting Module Tutorial

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi!

Is there a tutorial on how to document modules in monkey? I'm totally lost here. When i open a source file from the mojo/monkey modules, i can't see any 'comment-like' tag or text anywere on the code. So i assume it must be written elsewere, separately?

Thanks!

Hima(Posted 2011) [#2]
If you just want to know a one-line comment and a block comment, they're written in Monkey's documentation. You can take a look at it from Monk IDE help file.

But if you're talking about proper way of documenting a module, then I don't think someone has come up with a format yet. Maybe you can just follow Blitzmax way?

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi Hima,

Mi question is not about "best practices" in module documentation. Is about the how to generate your own docs.

I liked Bmax system because I could create "Blitz-docs" for my own modules without much effort. Just had to be sure to follow the convention and run the exe file and that's it.

In Monkey i don't know how is done and i have lurked in the source files to seek out special comment tags or something but i couldn't find a thing. But there are docs for those modules so i assume that must be written elsewhere?

Hima(Posted 2011) [#4]
As of now, I don't think there is such thing yet. Or else Diddy framework would have used it already. Maybe in the future.

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#5]
But how the official where made then? Didn't they use a tool or something?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#6]
Or else Diddy framework would have used it already

LOL!