Thanks Mark!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Thanks Mark!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Just wanted to say thanks to Mark for creating Monkey so it can run on multiple platforms. Just signed up for the XNA/WP7 dev account - linked my Xbox, compiled up my game and deployed. The game runs great and works great! Almost brought a tear to my eye!

Now looking forward to trying Monkey on my WP7 in a few days once the validation process is complete! woohoo!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#2]
I second that! :)

Amon(Posted 2011) [#3]
Mark is teh Boomting! :)

Cheese(Posted 2011) [#4]
I truly agree.

Throughout all of my life, cross compatibility has always been a limiting priority on my list. I've also always believed that game design, recreational or professional, shouldn't have to be about redundantly rewriting engines or low level code in order to maintain the aspect of cross compatibility. Mojo has not only successfully taken this weight off of my shoulders, but I'm now floating with freedom unprecedented. Never in my life did I think that a BRL framework, let alone any product, would patch this issue for me.

In short: Monkey is now one of my favorite languages, being rock solid in a very structural manner, but also strangely familiar in syntax. Mojo makes me weightless, as it truly is what it's name implies.
For your hard work and dedication, I recognize you, Mark Sibly, along with the others from the community who've gone out of their way to help you improve the language and framework thus far. I wish you great fortune for making my thought process, along with the development process of many others, much less bleak and much more exciting.

Thank you,
- Brandon.

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#5]
I can't wait to try my first game on Galaxy S2, which should arrive in post tomorrow :)
Monkey is absolutely brilliant because I can write the same game for 10 platforms at once, and the language is modern, fun and easy, plus given the full source code I can modify it if I don't like something.

TeaBoy(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yup! Monkey is super cool

I'm writing an app for my business using Monkey (Monkey will be credited :o)) also writing a new module for Monkey in due course, so many thanks to Mark Sibly for this new addition, I hope you continue with it ;)

I better get back to work lol

xzess(Posted 2011) [#7]
Yeah, i totally agree!

Thank you mark for all of your products