No sound playing certain small wav files

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/No sound playing certain small wav files

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#1]
I am writing a game for HTML 5 (MonkeyPro 38, Windows 7, Firefox 3.6).

It uses LoadSound, from OnCreate, to load a set of wavs. These are used by PlaySound in OnUpdate.

Some of these wav files never make a sound, while the others always work. (That is, all of them are audible in a media player, but some of them make no sound through PlaySound.)

They are all created in the same manner using SFXR by Dr Petter, and loaded using LoadSound. I tried loading them in different order but that didn't make a difference. I also swapped the use of the sounds, so sound A would be played where normally sound B would be played, but no difference: the same sounds still don't work when played in different parts of the program (where the other sounds do work).

The only difference I can think of (so far) is the size of the wav files. The files that don't work are smaller than 15 KB, while the files that do work are all larger than 17 KB.

Any ideas?

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#2]
UPDATE: This problem does not occur in Google Chrome!

So of the two browsers I have tried, Firefox and Chrome, it only happens in Firefox. It might be related to Firefox then, and not to Monkey?

EdzUp(Posted 2011) [#3]
its not a compression issue, I had that when using compressed wav's. It appears that monkey doesnt like compressed wavs if you save them uncompressed its fine.