Monk Editor Update

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Monk Editor Update

XanthorXIII(Posted 2011) [#1]
I enjoy using the Monk Editor for being simplistic and easy to use. Are there going to be updates to it? Things like Collapsing Code blocks like Functions, Classes etc...
Maybe a create project template, automatically add new files to the project.
That would be pretty good.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#2]
Since the monk editor is 99% the same as the Blitzmax editor which hasn't received any significant updates for a couple of years now, I doubt that the official monk ide will be changing much in the near future.

Note that there is a 3rd part product, Jungle IDE, what does support more advance features like code collapsing and project management..

degac(Posted 2011) [#3]
Well, I'm working on a BlitzMax's IDE variations called Primate.

see here http://www.graphio.net

The only - big - problem is the auto-capitalization: it works very well... but if you have a method drawImage it will be converted in the 'command' DrawImage... so at the moment it could be very dangerous (ohh, yes, the beauty of a case-sensitive language).

My IDE supports template (when I click on 'new' I have a template of the program with OnCreate(),OnUpdate() OnRender method and Main function... just to speed up things.

Of course is a WIP... without a 'final date' (managing sense-capitalization depending on context on the base of an IDE built up without this in mind it's not easy...)

Cheers