GLFW Fullscreen?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/GLFW Fullscreen?

Hima(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is there a way to make GLFW build run in a fullscreen mode? I couldn't find it in the document. Something like SetWindowMode(False) ?

BigAnd(Posted 2011) [#2]
If you look at the "config.h" in your .build directory, then in the GLFW directory, you can set your programme to run in full screen as well as changing the size of the screen.

Hima(Posted 2011) [#3]
There is no way to do this in-app? I mean, many games has a toggle between fullscreen/window mode. What do I have to do to achieve something like that?

Soap(Posted 2011) [#4]
It is impossible to do so with Mojo currently. Mark is planning on adding more GLFW functionality later, like a proper save/loading filesystem. But the fact is Monkey is much more targets towards mobile/web-friendly apps that never have to worry about fullscreen/windowed modes, so it makes sense Mark will be cleaning up the bugs and adding features to those first.

Frankly for now, BlitzMax is the better choice for dedicated Win/Mac/Nix applications/games... (I wonder if you could create a BlitzMax target for Monkey? xD)

Chroma(Posted 2013) [#5]
"I wonder if you could create a BlitzMax target for Monkey?"

Now THERE'S an idea!!!

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
There's already a BlitzMax target for monkey, take a look to the third party targets of this site: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=3018