V33 Up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/V33 Up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,

Monkey Pro V33 is now available from the product updates section!

The biggest, most-likely-to-cause-grief change is a tweak to the html5 update rate timing code, which should no longer 'leak' time. However, this tweak is a bit 'experimental' so if you have problems with html5 timing/graphics, please post a bug report and go back to V32.

Modules:

Added experimental DOM module - see gldemo.monkey in modules/dom.

Tweaked html5 update rate timing code - shouldn't 'leak' time anymore and may be smoother on some browsers? More work needed here...

Only Chrome/Safari use localStorage for LoadState/SaveState, others now use cookies. IE9 doesn't like localStorage at all, and FF doesn't like it with file:// documents.

iOS accelerometer now tries to compensate for UI orientation - you should still lock accelerometer
games to a single orientation though.

Fixed iOS screen saver with accelerometer based games.

Changed some android defaults in manifest - fullscreen theme + no reset on orientation change.

Fixed glPixelStorei unpack alignment for GLFW target. Added fox to iOS too.

Fixed line thickness scaling in Flash.

Added checks to mojo graphics to ensure rendering commands are only performed inside OnRender.

Fixed xna mojo reach mode additive blending.

Trans:

Android manifest and various other files moved to .build/android/templates - edit these, not the generated copies in .build/android.

Android app renamer added - see .build/android/CONFIG.TXT after first build.

Split trans.monkey driver into target-per-file layout.

Fixed array indices not being int-ized.

skid(Posted 2011) [#2]
Holy crud batman thats a lot of typing. Looks awesome!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#3]
Nice - thanks Mark!

Does appear to be a little smoother in IE9 and Chrome for HTML5

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#4]
Great! A question:

Fixed array indices not being int-ized.

Does that mean, that this will work now?

Local arr:Int[][] = [ New Int[10], New Int[10] ]

So we don't need to do that initialize function for multidimensional arrays anymore?

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#5]
thanks, good update

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#6]
Thanks for the update

Multiple monkey app installations on android and appname customization works perfectly:p

Love that apps don't reset on orientation change anymore:p:p

Wagenheimer(Posted 2011) [#7]
"Multiple monkey app installations on android and appname customization works perfectly:p"

I will test it on Iphone tonight! I hope it works also! =)

Hima(Posted 2011) [#8]
Yeah, I just found out about android app reset on orientation change today and was about to report it! >_< Thanks!

mangoo(Posted 2011) [#9]
Dom Module??? What has DOM to do with opengl? So far i only know it from (xml) parsers.

Where can i get more information?

Besides, i get an error when i try to compile it for HTML5.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMHTMLCanvasElement.getContext]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///F:/download/MonkeyPro33/MonkeyPro33/modules/dom/gldemo.build/html5/main.js :: bb_gldemo_MyApp_new :: line 322" data: no]

Volker(Posted 2011) [#10]
Same error here, in Firefox :-)
Chrome works.

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#11]
Works in FF4

Midimaster(Posted 2011) [#12]
The Alpha Transparency problem seems to be solved in V33, but....

now I have differences in displaying greyscale pictures on GLFW target. Compare it with HTML5 target!

Here is a demo png-picture and the code:

original png-picture for to use in the code:
http://www.blitzforum.de/upload/file.php?id=10477

Results I can see:

a greyscale picture seems to be be reduced to 32 colors. The color-step between every greyscale is now 8:

HTML5:

GLFW:

Snader(Posted 2011) [#13]
The HTML5 refresh hickups in my game are completely gone!

matty47(Posted 2011) [#14]
@Midimaster
I tried your code and pic but could not see any difference between GLFW and HTML5 apps. What did you see different?
(I am using VS2010 Express for GLFW)
(And Opera 11.50 on Windows 7 Home Prem 64 bit)

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#15]
@Mark Sibly
will nodes ever have the same flexibility as in BlitzMax?
I want to be able to traverse through a List backwards and forward with Node.nextNode() and Node.PreviousNode().

I want to convert the Blitmax Tlist and Tlink in to a module for my use but I don't know if will be legal or acceptable to use in publicly available HTML5 source code.

Midimaster(Posted 2011) [#16]
@matty47:

a greyscale picture seems to be be reduced to 32 colors. The color-step between every greyscale is now 8:

HTML5:

GLFW:

therevills(Posted 2011) [#17]
With V33 how do I now stop orientation change in Android?

I want my game to be landscape only.

matty47(Posted 2011) [#18]
@Midimaster
No. I don't get this banding in glfw. Images look the same in both compiles.
Maybe someone else would try this as well.

degac(Posted 2011) [#19]
Hey thanks for the new release!
I just noticed that there is a folder called SRC with both monk ide source code and monkey code...
It's normal?!

JaviCervera(Posted 2011) [#20]
I didn't notice the IDE source code in previous releases, but the monkey code has always been there, it has simply been moved from "bin" to "src", which makes more sense.