JoyPad Control

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/JoyPad Control

Raz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi I know I posted this in the XNA section, but I think it applies to all targets

Are people able to check if the JoyDown function responds for them because I'm getting nufink!

I am using a wired Xbox 360 controller

Ta
-Chris

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#2]
I've tried a USB wireless controller and also don't appear to be getting anything. I've tried both XNA and GLFW.

I've successfully tested it in the Configuration/Test dialog in Windows 7. Might quickly try and see if it works in BlitzMax or Blitz3d also.

Edit: Tried the example in the BlitzMax JoyCount command which does work.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#3]
Cheers Matt :)

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#4]
According to Mark, more joystick support for GLFW is coming - should already work for XNA with an Xbox 360 controller only.

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=469

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#5]
FYI,

I've been working on getting some joystick control in GLFW and have managed to get most of it working even with my limited c++ skills.

Will post up the changes soonish (next 12 hours probably).

[Update]Not sure how to read the Dpad as yet - assuming these map to the LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN[/Update]

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#6]
Decided to try and make a module rather than hack the code out. Will have a play around and see if this is possible.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#7]
Ok - i've added a wrapper module into the Monkey Code area.

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=573&

Be great if anyone could give it a test.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#8]
Will give it a look when I get home Matt :)

Matthius(Posted 2012) [#9]
I've got a usb xbox pc controller and I read each joystick and button except the dpad. On BlitzMax it seems to pick it up with JoyHat() is there another way of detecting the dpad in monkey or is it yet to be implemented?

invaderJim(Posted 2012) [#10]
Yeah, the d-pad seems to only work with the XNA target, and it is buttons 8 thru 11.