V31 Up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/V31 Up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,

Version 31 is now available!

Note: When running the acceltest demo on iPad make sure to delete all orientations except for one, otherwise it's a pretty surreal experience!

OnSuspend and OnResume are in, but there's not much you can do with them yet. There is more work to be done with the 'App state' stuff including app exit, but it's mostly there.

For android back/menu buttons I plan to assign these normal key codes and implement them as keys. Not done yet though.

NOTE! You will need to delete any existing .build/xna builds!

Add some mak samples by yours truly.

Fixed html5 support for negative width/height rects/ovals/imagerects.

Removed unimplemented DrawPoint from mojo.graphics.

Added OnSuspend/OnResume. XNA/iOS/Android only for now. See bananas/mak/suspendtest/suspendtest.monkey

Removed WP7 project from default XNA target project for XP users.

XNA mojo now uses IsolatedStorage for LoadState/SaveState for WP7 compatibility.

Fixed XNA non-clamped textures causing runtime exception with non-POT textures and "Reach".

Amon(Posted 2011) [#2]
Thanks!

GW_(Posted 2011) [#3]
Great!!

Can I ask why you removed DrawPoint rather than implement it?

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi,

Couldn't decide (long ago...) whether a point should 'scale' ala OpenGL, and if so whether it should be a rect or a circle! May revisit it later...

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks Mark for the XNA stuff!

JD0(Posted 2011) [#6]
Awesome, Thank you for the quick update!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#7]
Mark,

I noticed the WP7 project is totally gone from the XNA project. Are we likely to see this return as it's own target due to lack of XP support?

XNA Target Not Working On Windows XP - Inc. Proj - http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=166#836

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hi,

You'll have to manually create the 'Copy of MonkeyGame for Windows Phone 7' project yourself for now. That's pretty easy though, just one right-click on the MonkeyGame project in msvc.

Not ideal, but I don't want to get bogged down with multiple hosts per target. Monkey will inevitably eventually become Windows 7 only, and at the point the Windows Phone 7 project will return.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#9]
Mark,

Ok - thanks for the quick reply. What kind of support can we expect? You ok for things to be still raised?

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#10]
Hi,

> What kind of support can we expect? You ok for things to be still raised?

Sorry, don't understand - what do you mean?

[edit]
Ok, you mean support for WP7? I plan to support all XNA platforms, so yes, it's still supported and feel free to raise issues.
[/edit]

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#11]
Ok, you mean support for WP7? I plan to support all XNA platforms, so yes, it's still supported and feel free to raise issues.

Yep, that's what I meant - thanks!

CodeGit(Posted 2011) [#12]
Thanks

degac(Posted 2011) [#13]
Oh! Thanks for the update!

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#14]
You rock! Great! Thanks!

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#15]
@Mark

Can we expect working audio on the android platform in the near future?

EDIT: Just tested. Audio is actually working on Android platform right now! :D Thanks Mark!

boomboom(Posted 2011) [#16]
Thanks!

Could the OnSuspend / OnResume be triggered on html5, flash and local if the application window or browser page looses/regains focus?

Chris

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#17]
Nice!
Thanks Mark