Hide Mouse? (HideCursor)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Hide Mouse? (HideCursor)

therevills(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is there a HideMouse command? I guess certain targets wont need it, since they dont have a cursor... but what about Win/Mac?

degac(Posted 2011) [#2]
I found (I think) a way to 'hide' or 'change' cursor on a HTML page (the cursor: url () propriety)

http://www.anicursor.com/webcursor.html

If I go on that site the example works...(the cursors is a big blue arrow)
I've tried to test on local (on my machine I have a Apache system, and I uploaded on my site too) but nothing works.

The idea is - simply - to replace .ani with a 'null/void' animation, so you have still the 'cursor', only invisible.

If anyone has more luck with this I would like to see the solution!

Thanks!

degac(Posted 2011) [#3]
Ok I think I've resolved this!

the propriety under FireFox should be
cursor: url(cursor_null.cur), auto;

Just add this on the MonkeyGame.html and the cursor_null.cur

where cursor_null is a 'void' image.

edit:

http://www.rw-designer.com/online-cursor-editor

You could use this on-line editor to create your 'void' cursor or one personalized!
Enjoy

You can see the result here

You can grab a cursor (it's a 1x1 pixel with light alpha to avoid a problem under Chrome) HERE

PS: I've placed the cursor:url in the BODY tag, of course you could decide to use it only on CANVAS (the 'screen' of Monkey's app)

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#4]
You can also encode the png file as Base64, so you don't need any files:
http://www.greywyvern.com/code/php/binary2base64
I think a 1x1 gif would be smaller in this case.

degac(Posted 2011) [#5]
Lumooja: thanks, I didnt' think to this simple solution.
Now I'm just trying to implement a 'HidePointer' function following your tutorials on Monkeytools.net

This should be added to your 'monkeytools.monkey', but at the moment I need to imagine how to 'pass' to xxx.build folder the 'cursor_null.cur' (or just implements your 'base64' suggestion)

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#6]
You can simply put any data files in the targets/<targetname>/data directory, and it will be copied to your monkey program's build directory.

degac(Posted 2011) [#7]
Oh, thanks for the hints. But this mean that everytime I build something in HTML5 monkey copies all the resources-data present, right?

I just embedded the base64 codification in the file.
(Not very elegant to see, but it works)
I still looking for information about the CUR dimensions: 32x32 - and relative base64 codification - is quite big for 1x1 pixels...

So we have HidePointer and ShowPointer working in HTML5

MokeyTools.monkey (add to previous commands)

HidePointer.js

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#8]
You don't have to use a 32x32 .cur file, I tried it with a 1x1 gif and it works too in Chrome (although I saw a black dot, so maybe 1x1 png works better). For other browsers you can just use the cursor:none tag (although it's not w3c, but it works). Or if other browsers need a .cur instead of a .gif of .png file, then your solution is of course better.

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#9]
I got ShowMouse/HideMouse working on all targets now.
I think it's time to release MonkeyTools 0.0.0.0 in the Monkey Code area :)