New modules for monkey

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/New modules for monkey

peterigz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey all, I created the TimelineFX module for blitzmax and naturally I'm looking to port over that module to monkey. First though, unless I create a new save format, I'll need a module that can handle zip files and some kind of xml parser. Anything like that in the pipeline? I'll prolly create a rudimentary xml parser just to cover the basics, but the zip module might be more tricky? Other wise I might just create a new save format for monkey as that might be easier overall, to start with at least.

I'll be on the look out for any insights into creating modules with monkey, but it looks fairly straight forward so far.

Happy coding all :)

matt(Posted 2011) [#2]
I think there's an XML parser already. Contact Warpy

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#3]
no, I wrote a JSON parser. Is it not in the samples? skn3[ac] wrote an XML thing for delidash.

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#4]
PS use JSON instead of XML if you just want to store structured data and don't mind what format. Why do you need to work with zips? What targets do you want to support?

Beaker(Posted 2011) [#5]
I think skn3 has an XML parser. JSON is better, but XML is sometimes necessary.

Skn3(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yeah there is an XML parser in the bannanas folder called Config. I do have an updated version now that handles comments but that is not available anywhere yet. I will see about getting the latest one added to the next build. If not, I will post it on the forum :)

matt(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thanks guys. My memory failed me there!