Fairlight

Monkey Forums/User Modules/Fairlight

maverick69(Posted 2013) [#1]
I just decided to open source my "Fairlight"-framework for the monkey-community. I've used it to write my latest apps/games.

https://bitbucket.org/joemanaco/fairlight/overview

I hope it is useful to some of you. The docs are far from completion, but there are some examples to introduce the base concepts of the framework.

tinnet(Posted 2013) [#2]
Nice! But which license? ;)

maverick69(Posted 2013) [#3]
Public Domain. Do with it whatever you want. :)

There are also some 3rd party libs included (FontMachine, Monkey-Wizard, MiniC). Please check those licenses separately.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
nice..

I'm fixed into Diddy at the moment for my main project but I am making it a point that on my next game I will use a different framework, just to expand my skills a little, this looks interesting indeed and will add it to my list.

maverick69(Posted 2013) [#5]
I just cleaned up the wiki a little bit and added a section for implementing payments for various stores. I hope that it helps you to get started. I'm not very good in writing docs, so if you have questions feel free to ask:

https://bitbucket.org/joemanaco/fairlight/wiki/Home

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#6]
Nice module especially the inapp purshase support!

maverick69(Posted 2013) [#7]
thanks. i just updated it today, so all modules (internal and external) doesn't use the UUID on ios anymore.

Dima(Posted 2013) [#8]
Hey, this looks amazing! Is there anything special required to use this as module with 70e? I downloaded from your master branch and copied to modules folder then renamed to 'fairlight'. When trying to run some examples in html5 I get compiler error:

- /MonkeyPro70e/modules/fairlight/src/events/eventmanager.monkey<126> : Error : Identifier 'Remove' not found. It points to eventListeners.Remove(el) line, eventListeners being a List it seems.

Am I setting up Fairlight correctly or missing anything obvious?

Ole JR(Posted 2013) [#9]
Mark removed the Remove() method in 70e.
As I understand it you have to use RemoveEach() for now.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#10]
RemoveEach is very slow. Rather store the node you get back when you add an item to a list and use node.Remove(). Much much faster!

Raul(Posted 2013) [#11]
I am interested in the 'Match' template, but I do not think I know how to use it. It says there is not "main" function. Could you help me with some tips?