Android WebView module?

Monkey Forums/User Modules/Android WebView module?

time-killer-games(Posted 2013) [#1]
Is there a module that can embed an html5 app in an android apk locally? I'm writing an html5 app from scratch in notepad because to me JavaScript is easier to code in than monkey. But I'm still using monkey for writing the apk portion of the app so I guess it's at least somewhat relevant?

If such a module doesn't exist, I'm gonna make one if anyone's interested. It seems very simple to achieve based on this tutorial:

http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/views/hello-webview.html

Also I have no clue why products like PhoneGap, NimbleKit, and Titanium Studio cost so much money and are so successful when they do something that is so easy to code even an amateur like me can do it.

Thanks.
TKG

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#2]
1+

Lugato(Posted 2013) [#3]
1+

therevills(Posted 2013) [#4]
Why don't you just use PhoneGap if your app is pure HTML5?

PhoneGap is free and open source... Also its not just a webview, it allows you to access the hardware via JavaScript.

time-killer-games(Posted 2013) [#5]
I must be misinformed. I could have sworn seeing somewhere that PhoneGap costs money...

therevills(Posted 2013) [#6]
A few people who I have talked to about PhoneGap also think that you have to buy it... strange.

I think they might be confused with PhoneGap (Free) and PhoneGap Build (Not Free).