Flurry for Android and IOS

Monkey Forums/User Modules/Flurry for Android and IOS

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi folks,

I have added the IOS platform to my Flurry implementation. You need Monkey V67c and above for it. Get it here:

http://www.fantomgl.com/flurry-monkey/

siread(Posted 2013) [#2]
Hi Mike, I'm just trying out your flurry module. Looking good so far but would be nice to log events with parameters, even if for now it was just one parameter. If I understand the flurry docs correctly you can only have up to 300 different eventIDs. So if I wanted to record an event "NewCareer" and include the player's name I would want to do logEvent("NewCareer", playername) rather than logEvent("NewCareer"+playername). Otherwise 1000s of eventIDs will be created rather than 1.

It would also be nice if it didn't throw an error when attempting to build for anything other than iOS or Android. I generally test in HTML5 or Flash, so I just added a dummy Flurry Class that doesn't do anything. :)

siread(Posted 2013) [#3]
So now I'm trying to build on Android and getting the error:

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\Users\Simon Read\Dropbox\My Programming\Monkey Apps\New Star\newfile.build\android\bin\classes
    [javac] C:\Users\Simon Read\Dropbox\My Programming\Monkey Apps\New Star\newfile.build\android\src\com\newstargames\newstarsoccerfree\MonkeyGame.java:2644: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		_flurryactivity = BBAndroidGame.AndroidGame().GetActivity();
    [javac] 		                  ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable BBAndroidGame
    [javac]   location: class BBFlurry
    [javac] C:\Users\Simon Read\Dropbox\My Programming\Monkey Apps\New Star\newfile.build\android\src\com\newstargames\newstarsoccerfree\MonkeyGame.java:2745: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		bb_.bb__flurryob=GetFlurry();
    [javac] 		                 ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method GetFlurry()
    [javac]   location: class bb__GameEngine
    [javac] Note: C:\Users\Simon Read\Dropbox\My Programming\Monkey Apps\New Star\newfile.build\android\src\com\newstargames\newstarsoccerfree\MonkeyGame.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
BUILD FAILED

I put the FlurryAgent.jar in my build/android/libs folder (not using v67c yet). Any idea what's up?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
The structure of this module needs v67 as it uses class names that were introduced in v67.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#5]
I can add dummy calls for html5 this week. Plus the parameter thing, once i figure that out.

siread(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok, thanks man. I'm just waiting on a diddy update then! :)

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#7]
Uploaded a new version which supports logEvent with parameters on Android and IOS.

http://code.google.com/p/fantomengine/downloads/list

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#8]
Hi, I have just tried the example on iOS using my Flurry ID (Monkey v67f), but it does not seem to report anything back to Flurry? Any ideas?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#9]
I had to wait always till the next day to see results in the flurry console.

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#10]
Thanks for the reply, I will check tomorrow.

siread(Posted 2013) [#11]
Hi Mike. I haven't finally gotten around to testing this on a real device. Anroid was working just fine using logEvent(eventId:String) but when using logEvent:Void(eventId:String, param:String[]) it crashes the device no matter how many parameters I include.
E/AndroidRuntime( 1979): FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 11

E/AndroidRuntime( 1979): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

E/AndroidRuntime( 1979): 	at com.newstargames.newstarsoccer.BBFlurry.logEvent(MonkeyGame.java:2781)

Any ideas?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#12]
This should work just fine:

flurry.logEvent("Event with params",[eventCount, "Count#", "Michael", "PlayerName"], True)

I just uploaded a new version with the recent native SDK files.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#13]
Never heard of Flurry, but after having a glance at their site, do they handle Ad's as well or is it just user metrics ? I had a little peek around but kinda got lost.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#14]
I think they do ads too but I have just covered analytics with my module.

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#15]
Theres a new update to 3.4.0 which fixes a a security vulnerability and also for ios to prevent applications getting rejected

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#16]
Thanks for the heads up, will look into this in the next days.

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#17]
Thanks!

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#18]
The Flurry module just got updated to the newest Flurry SDK and I also have added setGender, setAge and setUserID to its command set.

http://www.fantomgl.com/

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#19]
Hi, I cant see any download for the Flurry module?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#20]
Its not available anymore.

If someone has the time to maintain it, the let me know.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#21]
Not available at all?
Does it not work anymore?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#22]
No I just took it offline.

Mostlikely I will add it to fantomEngine but with a license to prevent it being reused in other commercial frameworks.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#23]
Ah I see.

What about people who downloaded it before you took it down, can they still use it or will it also fall under your new licencing restrictions?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#24]
You can use it of course. What i want to prevent is that i create something and then someone else takes it and sells it in they own framework.