MkWebSockets for Monkey

Monkey Forums/User Modules/MkWebSockets for Monkey

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

I have a surprise for you guys. :) This is my contribution to the Monkey community.

I made a WebSocket client implementation for Monkey which can be used with the XNA (Windows), HTML5 and Android targets.

Sorry for the IOS dudes i don't know C++ enough for this, ive tried to make it work with the glfw target but no luck. Also i don't have any Apple stuff.

The reason i made this is for my online upcoming game. (Which i can focus now since this module is done!) It is currently beta because i havent got time to fully test it but it work as it should (sending, receiving, etc..) You could even integrate JSON support if you wish using a well-known module for monkey.

You can get it there : http://code.google.com/p/mkwebsockets/

No sources repo.. only a .z7 which include the source. This is licensed under the Apache License 2.0

Also, this is important to mention. This doesn't include a server implementation ! This mean you have to search for a suitable WebSocket server but you can find a link on the project website for a server written in C# which is pretty popular at the momment. That what i am actually using.

Hope you will like !

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#2]
Sorry made a mistake.. it say its for v66 but i tested it in v65. However, it should still work for v66.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#3]
Nice. :)
Any particular reason you're not using the repository?

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#4]
Didn't got the time to set it up but i will.