Dont want my app to have 'monkeygame' through-out

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Dont want my app to have 'monkeygame' through-out

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#1]
Is it possible to use a search and replace program that would search and replace the text 'monkeygame' with 'myapptitle' instead , i mean search and replace on ALL the generated source codes by monkey compiler.

Has anyone tried this already ?

Im actually using monkey ATM its great !!!

Thanks.

Xaron(Posted May) [#2]
Why would you want to do that? It probably will break a lot of stuff during compile time and is in no way related to how you name your app.

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#3]
Because I want the title of my app to replace 'monkeygame' , just because and I consider such a detail to be important to myself personally.

I was really just wondering if anyone has already tried using a search and replace tool that examines all the files in source code folders then buuld ?

Im using monkey X a lot at the moment for iOS development , im working on some code to handle the iOS and its 12 screen resolutions BTW so hope to produce a live demo to submit in the near future as a spin-off from a project im being paid to make, and im using Monkey X for this because of its modular code and extern feature.

I decided not to waste my time with Android, windows and go straight to support latest Apple iPhones and iPad only at least then I know my Apps wont be running on any one of thousands of possible cheap and nasty slow devices.

Xaron(Posted May) [#4]
Well in that case I just guess that you're the first one trying this. So just use a replace tool to replace all monkeygame stuff and see if it still compiles. :)

I still don't get the need for that - for me it would be a waste of time. Time I simply put into development of the game and not the toolset below. No offense meant here! :)

I agree with focusing on Apple, there's still the most money to be made in the mobile markets.

secondgear(Posted May) [#5]
While I wouldn't go as far as replacing every instance of MonkeyGame in the generated project, this issue is not as irrelevant as it seems. Lately two of the apps I worked on got rejected by Apple on the basis of the display name not matching the app name (I don't remember the exact wording they used). The only quick fix I found was to rename the XCode project from MonkeyGame to something more similar to the app title. The problem is that after that, Monkey cannot find the project files it needs to modify and stops compiling. So every time I needed to update the Monkey code, I had to rename the project back to MonkeyGame. Funny enough, it had never been a problem with many Monkey iOS apps I submitted before.

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#6]
Im trialing working on a preprocessor for generating finished code for monkey , mx2 and blitz max !

Im using my own code editor/ide you use a directive command to tell it which brl compiler to use and options for target device, obviously no iOS for bmax of course ! so I have very short code size for my projects, and when new brl compiler comes out I add it to my preprocessor and keep using old code with no changes, a translator before the translator.

Ever wished all BRL products had the same syntax ? I made it happen.

It must be able to do this:

$ build a single line of program to any target, like print "hello world" including mobile phones.

$ not require any configuration manuals, instantly ready to go.

$ access to more native stuff like UI

$ im determined to make bmax have icons and manifests and other basics.

You would just need to set the various compiler paths if they cant be auto detected and purchase the brl compilers.

I have started and have a highlighted syntax editor and it does generate a monkey program even a one liner but I have to open the generated code in monkey ide ATM and compile that.

I also have thought about using bmax to output x86 then process that text file into FASM PE instead of MS COFF wrapped with my own code, I have written new code for win-gui stuff using FASM, COFF is no good ! No metadata, no icons, no digital signature.

If I decide to try another product I wont rewrite my programs anymore ! Just add a new target ,

translator-translators will be the new big thing !

I might make it avaliable if I ever get it working and finished at my website but might ask for some coin which is risky business when I see people spitting the dummy over wanting $5 for hundreds of hours work ? Just joking I will give it away dont want to get linched !